Kenwood: Cant get CHIRP with work with MacBook AIR

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoninNYC

Very frustrated, been trying to program my Kenwood TMV71 with CHIRP, using a FTDI cable from a reputable seller called BlueMax and my new Mac Air. The computer will not download from radio. I installed multiple versions of the FTDI drivers and nothing. Even switched the cable for a new one just in case. I was able to program this radio with the same cable and software last year when I had an older MacBook (which I no longer own)
Any ideas?

wrath

Why not just buy the actual RT Systems software and call it a day, took me all of about 15 seconds to program mine with 367 frequencys , your wasting more time with junk then just using something that works well, and has technical support in the unlikely event you will need it, whatever you make per hour at work multiply that income by 3 thats the value of your free timr money wise, so spend the $25 bucks and be done with it , quicker and cheaper than CHIRP plus your files are interchangeable get a different radio from another manufacturer and just drag your frequencies and preferences over, I have a "fleet" of radios from all the manufacturers, using proven reliable equipment to get the job done is just like using as much power as you need to get the contact made , it just makes sense.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

k6cpo

Why not just buy the actual RT Systems software and call it a day, took me all of about 15 seconds to program mine with 367 frequencys , your wasting more time with junk then just using something that works well, and has technical support in the unlikely event you will need it, whatever you make per hour at work multiply that income by 3 thats the value of your free timr money wise, so spend the $25 bucks and be done with it , quicker and cheaper than CHIRP plus your files are interchangeable get a different radio from another manufacturer and just drag your frequencies and preferences over, I have a "fleet" of radios from all the manufacturers, using proven reliable equipment to get the job done is just like using as much power as you need to get the contact made , it just makes sense.

The RT Systems software does not run on a Mac. At this time, it's a Windows only software. Not being a Mac person, I don't know if it will run on a Windows emulator on a Mac.

RT Systems is currently looking into the feasibility of developing Mac versions of their software, but nothing is set in stone yet.

wrath

I don't know honestly my main system is a 27.5 IMac with dual displays, but I have an HP laptop running Windows just to program my radios and wheelchair , I may have to try running RT on my windows partition just to see if I can ,then again i can ask my brother who is an apple tech and a ham , honestly though RT is taking votes currently on wether they should make some model software run on Apple, for programming simplicity nothing beats having a cheap windows laptop around .

AI7PM

Premium Subscriber
The RT Systems software does not run on a Mac. At this time, it's a Windows only software. Not being a Mac person, I don't know if it will run on a Windows emulator on a Mac.

RT Systems is currently looking into the feasibility of developing Mac versions of their software, but nothing is set in stone yet.

I run Parallels on my MacBook. RT runs fine on that.

wrath

Cool thanks for the heads up , I know many of us have screwed around with our 74a and Macs with varying degrees of success via Bluetooth, so the v71 is pretty much the same RF deck as the 710 so you can buy the software and use any old cable you have at the house that fits , it doesn't take anything special ,and the software is pretty inexpensive because it doesn't require a special cable. I just bought a new yaesu and the cable was more expensive than the software .

Status
Not open for further replies.