Icom: Icom IC-V8000

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGruber

Premium Subscriber
Requesting help with a icom v8000. The radio will work perfect on simplex but will not connect to a repeater on 2 meter. The pl tone is set properly and the pl tone has been enabled along with the -600khz offset that the repeater calls for. (I've tried on multiple repeaters and same thing happens). I listen in on my handheld that does work with a repeater and can never hear the icom connect. I've performed a full reset and followed the manual like a bible, even called icom and they couldn't help me either.

ipfd320

Banned
check to see if your repeater lock out function (page 21 in the manual) is in the off position

Follow ■ Accessing a repeater instructions on page..17

i use the auto tone option on my 8000 --helps me out instead of programming them all in manually

hope this helps somewhat...good luck

N8JOY

IC-V8000

McGruber, where are you located ? I have the same radio. Maybe I can help you. Do you have Echolink on your phone or other device that we could talk directly ? I'm located south of Detroit, MI

Joel, N8JOY

McGruber

Premium Subscriber
check to see if your repeater lock out function (page 21 in the manual) is in the off position

Follow Accessing a repeater instructions on page..17

i use the auto tone option on my 8000 --helps me out instead of programming them all in manually

hope this helps somewhat...good luck
I performed all that and still no luck

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

McGruber

Premium Subscriber
McGruber, where are you located ? I have the same radio. Maybe I can help you. Do you have Echolink on your phone or other device that we could talk directly ? I'm located south of Detroit, MI

Joel, N8JOY
I am located near cabot Arkansas. yes I have echolink

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

KC5AKB

If you set the tone sq on the ht and then xmit to it will it
Open the tone sq on the ht with the proper pl tone from the icom?

Blindguy

Try using the HT to listen to the input frequency of the repeater while you are transmitting from the 8000. You may have to get a little ways away from eachother to avoid desensing the HT. Have a buddy help you by listening on the HT. So for example if the output of the repeater is 147.360 then listen on 147.960. If you can hear your transmission the most liley culprit is an incorrect PL TONe or you may have CTCS enabled, I suspect the former as you said you couldn't hear the repeater opening from the HT. If you don't hear anything on the input freq than I suspect the direction or offset.

Status
Not open for further replies.