Yaesu: Yaesy VX-6 Charging Light Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
I got my VX-6 yesterday. Like an idiot, I forgot to order the programming software with it. I've remedied that already. Anyway, I hired a Philadelphia lawyer and got some freqs programmed in it. (Actually, it wasn't really all that bad.) It works great, except.....

.....the charging light is not working. According to the manual, it's supposed be red while charging and green when charged. Well, it's neither. It does work properly during radio operation, however. During charging, the screen shows it's charging so I know if I got it plugged in.

My question: Is this something I need to be concerned about? Is it a sign of other problems?

SteveSimpkin

Premium Subscriber
That is strange. I don't know of any option to disable the LED from showing charging (red) and charged (green). Are you using the Yeasu wall adapter to charge it or something else?

By the way, I use the free VX-6 Commander software to program mine.
VX-6 Commander

majoco

Stirrer
I use the VX-2 Commander and it's an excellent little programme - I had to build the interface but now I find I can use it on my Icom R7000 too!

I haven't tried it, but there is a 'display brightness' setting in the menu system - does that affect the charge LED?

Last edited:

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Steve, as long as the radio works, I'll live with it. It may be a change they didn't document. The manual calls it a dual-band radio. They combine 2m and .70m as a single band. It also has 1.25m. Some of the colored buttons are different in manual, too. They probably have a bunch of old manuals in the warehouse that they have to get rid of,

It's too late on the software. My bad that I didn't think of Commander. I can console myself by realizing RT makes excellent software that, while not free, is competitively priced for what it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.