Icom: Best Software to run for Icom 7300

Status
Not open for further replies.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I have a new 7300 and I'm setting up my radio room computer to run radio control and logging. What's everybody using?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
My club uses N1MM for logging, during events. It offers some rig control, but we generally use it to read the rig, while operating, and add details to the contact logged.

Sent using Tapatalk

K7MH

Premium Subscriber
What everybody is using is different for...Everybody!!

N1MM is primarily for logging in contests.There are better programs for general purpose logging and there are several of them that are free and some you pay for. I use Logger32.

Ham Radio Deluxe is popular for rig control, logging and digital modes but costs around $100. I don't use it but many do.

You will have to do what most of us did. Download and try out or take a look at different logging programs and decide for yourself what suits you.

You can go to eHam and look at the reviews of ham radio software for a pretty complete list of what is out there and what people think of them. You have homework to do!

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
DX Lab Suite interfaces with many radios and does many things such as rig control, logging, DX spot monitoring, and data modes. It's user interface can be a bit confusing, but it's free.

Win4IcomSuite really takes advantage of the spectrum analysis features of the newer radios, like the IC-7300. It's $50.

Status
Not open for further replies.