10 meters open

Status
Not open for further replies.

k9rzz

Am tuning around via an online receiver located in the Mohave desert (Calif) and am hearing stations from PA, GA, and eastern Canada from the SSB portion of the band all the way up to the FM repeaters on 29.640. Turn on your radios and make some noise!

Also hearing taxi cabs out of Mexico as high as 30Mhz.

Last edited:

W9NES

Tem meters has also been open from 28.3-28.5 USB. I have been working all over the US and outside the US on 25 watts on a Radio Shack HTX-10 with a K-40 CB mobile antenna with zero VSWR. I have been getting 5/9 reports.

mm

Out here on the West coast it has been all across the U.S. plus hawaii and the south pacific while running mobile, mostly on SSB but some FM also.

WB8VLC/7 NW Oregon

JnglMassiv

I've been playing with my Yeasu FT-817ND this month quite a bit. Even with my truly laughable wire antenna (30-35ft total length) set up in the rafters in my attic and drawing attention away from my complete lack of effort to mitigate the effects of parallel conductors and the galvanized sheet metal flooring, I've had some remarkable luck.

I've worked some pretty far DX for 5 watts but my BEST has been AY5F in Argentina on 28.522USB this past Saturday during the contest. I also worked KV4FZ who shows as Virgin Islands on 28.514USB yesterday. Both of these are pending confirmation but I am pretty impressed with 10 & 15 meters and this little rig. The Argentina QSO is about 5000 miles and one on 15m / 21.310 to Serbia at about the same distance for that 1000 miles per watt benchmark.

Hey, I know that the heavy lifting was done by the other stations. Check AY5F's antennas in the QRZ.com hotlink above. Still, this little guy really performs and my mind is still blown at just how little power you need for intercontinental comms. I use a 12v @6.5Ah sealed lead acid battery and a LDG Z817 tuner. The antenna is a horizontal dipole with about 16 feet of twisted pair wires from salvaged Cat5 in either leg. I'd post a pic but I'm frankly embarrassed.

Yaesu FT-817ND link

n0nhp

I just downloaded JT65-HF (JT65-HF | Download JT65-HF software for free at SourceForge.net) a week ago and have been playing with it. I fired it up at 5W on 10M and first contact out of the box was the Canary Islands. Since then I have worked South Africa, South America and Australia. I think there is a pipeline between Australia and Colorado, VK1DI and I have been reporting each other's signal most of the day at Stations Heard via autologgers and manual entries .
If you are interested in some fun on not many watts, check it out. 10 has been up every day for the last week.

Bruce

g5turbo81

10 Meters

The contest this weekend was fantastic... Morocco, Spain, Italy, South America, and Africa.. Quite a fun band to hang out on. I'd like to get a couple guys together on 10 meters and see how the conditions are.

Token

It is really nice when the band starts rolling, and fortunately the Cycle is starting to pick up. Yesterday, mobile in the Miata, on the way home from work I worked a JL5 station in Japan on 29600 FM.

Even nicer when 6 M opens up.

T!

Status
Not open for further replies.