RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Amateur Radio > Amateur Radio General Discussion

Amateur Radio General Discussion - General discussion forum for amateur radio topics not covered by the above forums.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-16-2018, 11:24 AM

Ordered a nmo mount and two antennas, Received the purchased items within a week. No issues. I need some new custom coax so I was testing the Antenna Farm water after reading reviews. No sour taste yet.
Sponsored links
Old 01-17-2018, 8:29 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I just received my Tram magnetic mount with a rubber boot for my scanner. Yes, they are good and decent folks. Never had one problem with them. I prefer solid core coax, not braided. Hence, I ordered on with 58AU. This is one of the few places I've found that antenna with a BNC and 58U.
Old 09-10-2018, 7:29 PM

Everything was great until I got a defective item. Here's what I submitted to BBB:

"On 9/1 I purchased a Laird Technologies ETRA1440 antenna. It arrived defective. I emailed the company about advance-sending a replacement, because I couldn't find return/exchange information anywhere on the site. I received this email, which I found quite rude: "Just click on "returns" at the bottom left side of any of our website pages." I emailed a screen shot showing there was no such link. I then received this email: "Use a home PC" So, I sent a photo of my computer monitor also not displaying such a link. I then received this email: "Sir it's just a defective antenna for a hobby... not a defective child. I'm sorry you are experiencing such problems." I've already placed over $300 in orders from this company. This is horrible customer service. All I asked for was an advance-shipment replacement, not terse, rude responses from a customer who has already spent $300 and was about to spend $200 more. I'm taking my business elsewhere, and so should anyone else thinking of purchasing from this place."

Chance it if you must - I'm sure he's great if you don't need to get in touch. I was pleased with Antenna Farm until this interaction.
Old 09-10-2018, 7:34 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Right on the bottom left side of the page.
Old 09-10-2018, 7:40 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

They still owe me $69 from a returned item over a year ago.
Old 09-13-2018, 3:22 PM

Every order I've had has been reasonably quick, accurate, complete, and in good order.