Newfoundland Amateur radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfsparkz

Premium Subscriber
I will be travelling in Newfoundland this summer .I will be taking a Quad band handheld radio with me.I noticed in the ARRL repeater directory a listing noting a transportable frequency of 147.00 VO1NET.What is this ? I have programed all of the repeater frequencies into the radio.I will be using a mag mount antenna on the rental vehicle.I will be at Signal Hill on July 1 and at Cape race July 10 2012.I will be meeting a few Hams on this trip.

73 Russ VE3ELL

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
It's an open, province wide 2M repeater with a -600 offset, but I suppose the book told you that. They use the term transportable in Canada, the whole purpose of a repeater being to extend mobile to mobile range.

rfsparkz

Premium Subscriber
Newfoundland

Thank you,I assummed that might be whats up there.I can hardley wait to sight see the rock again.My Wifes family is from there .Have had thoughts of retiring someplace there in a couple years.Would be a whole new world of DX.I never see very many Newfoundland calls on the dx clusters.I have worked a few though.

73 Russ VE3ELL

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

kb2vxa said:
It's an open, province wide 2M repeater with a -600 offset, but I suppose the book told you that. They use the term transportable in Canada, the whole purpose of a repeater being to extend mobile to mobile range.

It is most likely a province wide coordinated portable repeater pair. In Alberta we have coordinated 3 province wide repeater pairs for ARES, 1 Vhf, and 2 Uhf as well as 1 Uhf pair for SAR use. SAR members are encouraged to become licensed amateur operators.

Status
Not open for further replies.