MARS/Cap Software mods for VX-8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracer13

Is the only way to mod the Vx-8 still the resistor removal method or has there been any software mods for the US versions? Curious as I would like to be able to use my ham to communicate or at least hear buddies on FRS as long as that is legal.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Is the only way to mod the Vx-8 still the resistor removal method or has there been any software mods for the US versions? Curious as I would like to be able to use my ham to communicate or at least hear buddies on FRS as long as that is legal.

You can listen to FRS, but don't transmit there with that radio.. I'm sure you've seen this horse beaten here before, the whole not type accepted thing...

I'm sure others will be along shortly to berate you for asking such a heretical question here...

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned

You should be able to LISTEN to almost anything,including FRS without any mod at all. :wink:

n9zas

Status
Not open for further replies.