RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Amateur Radio > Amateur Radio General Discussion

Amateur Radio General Discussion General discussion forum for amateur radio topics not covered by the above forums.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-03-2012, 8:42 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_8_2) AppleWebKit/536.26.14 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.1 Safari/536.26.14)

Hello all,

Your repeater not being used?
Have a unused Echo Link Noad?
Miss the old days when the air was full of rag chews?

Well then this message is for you!!

My name is Robert Dittman, KB5UJM and I own the 442.350 repeater in San Antonio, TX. I have seen a growing trend that "no one is talking, because no one is talking, so therefore, no one is talking!" To combat this problem I put up another repeater San Antonio other than the already 80 plus repeaters but this one is very different.

*. I use echo link and try to have an active connection around the clock with other stations who want to talk. In this way there is almost always someone who wants to rag chew.
*. I have open features such as a auto patch, echo link, weather features to attract users who like to get the most out of the repeater.

*. I have a radio reference audio feed to attract new hams to our bobbie much like police scanners from radio shack did about 20 plus years ago.

So, come join the "Green Alert System!" and help to burn up the air waves with qsoing rag chewing and good old ham radio fun.

Just connect to echo link noad 64235 and if you want to join the link full time let me know and then if you do you can id your link or repeater as part of the green alert system.

Togeather we can get the air waves hopping again!!

73, Rob kb5ujm
Sponsored links
Old 11-03-2012, 11:45 AM

Excellent! Someone actually doing something, and not just complaining about it!
Old 11-03-2012, 1:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb5ujm View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_8_2) AppleWebKit/536.26.14 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.1 Safari/536.26.14)

Hello all,

Your repeater not being used?
Have a unused Echo Link Noad?
Miss the old days when the air was full of rag chews?

Well then this message is for you!!

My name is Robert Dittman, KB5UJM and I own the 442.350 repeater in San Antonio, TX. I have seen a growing trend that "no one is talking, because no one is talking, so therefore, no one is talking!" To combat this problem I put up another repeater San Antonio other than the already 80 plus repeaters but this one is very different.

*. I use echo link and try to have an active connection around the clock with other stations who want to talk. In this way there is almost always someone who wants to rag chew.
*. I have open features such as a auto patch, echo link, weather features to attract users who like to get the most out of the repeater.

*. I have a radio reference audio feed to attract new hams to our bobbie much like police scanners from radio shack did about 20 plus years ago.

So, come join the "Green Alert System!" and help to burn up the air waves with qsoing rag chewing and good old ham radio fun.

Just connect to echo link noad 64235 and if you want to join the link full time let me know and then if you do you can id your link or repeater as part of the green alert system.

Togeather we can get the air waves hopping again!!

73, Rob kb5ujm
Sounds like you've got 'er all planned out! Hope it works! I'm looking to get my ticket soon.

Last edited by Redneck0410; 11-03-2012 at 1:52 PM..
Old 11-03-2012, 3:31 PM

Fixed it? How about just added to the problem, as in another frequency pair being occupied. Why didn't you just 'convert' the unused repeater?
- 'Doc
Old 11-04-2012, 9:18 AM

I applaud your efforts.

My experience with Echolinking node/repeaters is that there's too many cooks in the kitchen in terms of bossy node owners, each with their own ideas of what is acceptable topics of conversation as well as what is acceptable use of the system.

Oh so you want to talk more than 5 minutes? That will be one demerit!

Some of the conference owners are pretty bad too. If they don't like what you're saying, they'll just disconnect you mid-sentence. Then they'll carry on about how they have no rules and "no gods or presidents".

Last edited by rapidcharger; 11-04-2012 at 9:21 AM..
Sponsored links
Old 11-05-2012, 10:17 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidcharger View Post
I applaud your efforts.

My experience with Echolinking node/repeaters is that there's too many cooks in the kitchen in terms of bossy node owners, each with their own ideas of what is acceptable topics of conversation as well as what is acceptable use of the system.

Oh so you want to talk more than 5 minutes? That will be one demerit!

Some of the conference owners are pretty bad too. If they don't like what you're saying, they'll just disconnect you mid-sentence. Then they'll carry on about how they have no rules and "no gods or presidents".
That's when I start reconnecting every time they disconnect me
Old 11-10-2012, 12:32 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Are noads interconnectable with nodes?