Got my call sign!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bnoland

Premium Subscriber
I am hoping my radio gets here before class tonight, it's out for delivery via ups now. They are going over repeaters and some other stuff tonight. I want to bring mine to get some hands on time programming and get help if need be.

bnoland

Premium Subscriber
We are in class now. Leave it to ups to be slow today.. My radio hasn't arrived yet. My wife is home so it will be there once I get out of class. I will play with it a bit when I get home.

bnoland

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, I am liking my 72A but I have to send it back as soon as I can get a hold of the place I got it from. My Menu and A/B buttons don't work. I talked to Kenwood and they said to send it back. I bought it through theantennafarm.com which is not an authorized Kenwood dealer.

acyddrop

Premium Subscriber
Well hopefully they will, but it should be covered under warranty, and in worst case repairing these things isn't so awfully expensive.

sloop

Congrats...I still remember my first call (WN4UYY) and contact, boy have things changed. HT's are great but as soon as you can go to a ham fest and get a base set up. A used mobile, a power supply, and an antenna...should be around $300 to $400. HT's are great but NOTHING beats the talking power (range) of a base station. You could build your own antenna and save more $.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
It is so good to come here and consistently see someone has gotten their license. Amateur radio, thank God, is alive and well!

bnoland

Premium Subscriber
I did play a bit today. Even though some of my buttons aren't working I could get on the air so I talked some with one of the guys who helped with my class. I also played with EcoLink a bit today as well. I heard back from theantennafarm.com a little while ago. They asked if I wanted to exchange it so I assume they are going to give me instructions and get it swapped out for me. I think I am going to get a SMA to BNC-F adapter and a Diamond RH205 antenna to go with it.

AC2OY

Good for you I didn't go on the air the first day!! But now I can't get off I'm going to resume studying for general and one day get a base for HF,!!

Status
Not open for further replies.