red cross ECRV /narrowbanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

E5911

Premium Subscriber
I do not know whether this is the right forum or not.

I was wondering if the Red Cross Got the VHF and UHF radios narrowbanded. When I saw the Phoenix ECRV I noticed the radios were a little dated and was wondering if they were replaced or just taken out of service.

ScanWI

MN & WI DB Admin
Database Admin
If they are using Amateur Radio for communications they do not need to be narrow-banded, but there are many businesses/organizations still running wide if is because of ignorance or just on the list of things to do. Many radios made within the last 10-15 years are narrow-band capable. They most likely have changed over.

Did you happen to see what model/brand they had?

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned

I was wondering if the Red Cross Got the VHF and UHF radios narrowbanded. When I saw the Phoenix ECRV I noticed the radios were a little dated and was wondering if they were replaced or just taken out of service.

What uhf radios did you see? They are usually only licensed for 47.420 and 47.500 mhz.

n9zas

ecps92

The Red Cross is ending the use of the ECRV's.

Lets hope as they move the radios to the Suite-Cases they Narrowband

Status
Not open for further replies.