WARNING: QTH scams

Status
Not open for further replies.

W8OSP

WARNING: I have tried to purchase 2 separate radios from 2 separate individuals past 2 weeks from QTH classifieds. Somehow they both was scams. I would send email about radio and they would respond back and fourth etc. Once I felt it was an ok deal I asked for paypal email to send money to. The email was someone elses gmail account. Then nothing or they would say they know nothing about it etc. Use caution using paypal to gmail accounts right now.

Darth_vader

I use caution with ANYTHING connected to a G-Mail account, period!

Don't even get me started on Paypal, though....

N0IU

Buying something sight unseen has always been risky regardless of where you see it advertised or the method of payment.

I have a PayPal account and it is tied to the my Gmail address, but it is the same address I used for my day to day correspondence. Actually, my preferred method of payment is still a good ol' Postal Money Order.

Oh, I am also a member of three blue lodges in Missouri and Past Master of two of them. Maybe that makes me more trustworthy!

timkilbride

Database Admin
I have been using PayPal for over 10 years. I have had 1 bad transaction. I sent the money via PayPal and didn't receive anything. I went through the proper procedures at PayPal and got my money back.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.