7200 khz usb coms

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd5dga

Premium Subscriber
0154 utc hearing English coms with drunk operator using fowl language. S-4 signal Central Texas. Talking down on Ham radio.

kd5dga

Premium Subscriber
7200 khz coms with drunk operator

Listening to English coms at 0154 utc drunk operator in English no id. S4 signal in Central Texas USB mode.

LtDoc

Are you really surprised about the language used on almost any band, ham or not? That certainly doesn't mean that I condone foul language but I hear the same thing (and worse) on the streets and TV, you know? What is considered 'foul' is relative and changes periodically and according to society. Don't encourage it, but don't get extremely bent out of shape either. It's a measure of their morality/standards, not yours. Your standards aren't that low? Then don't associate with them. Simple. There's a 'flip side' to that too! Don't try to impose your standards on me, and I won't impose mine on you. Fair??
- 'Doc

PS - And no, I don't like it either.

Last edited:

k9rzz

Did'ja record him? Sounds interesting. :^]

Working the drunk ops late Saturday night during Field Day is fun too.

elk2370bruce

Listening to English coms at 0154 utc drunk operator in English no id. S4 signal in Central Texas USB mode.

If its worth reporting here - and reporting it twice, drop a dime and call the individual named for that callsigh (qrZed et al). Better yet, send him an e-mail with the AA group nearest to his QTH. People say and do occasional things when they are drunk/stoned that are uncharacteristic. I always remember that the last perfect individual was nailed to a tree some two millenia ago with the cheers of his own community.

Last edited:

KG4NEL

Did'ja record him? Sounds interesting. :^]

Working the drunk ops late Saturday night during Field Day is fun too.

I plead the 5th...

And those n00bs wonder why the class and section are stuck in front of every radio in 500pt font...it's not for looks, ya know... :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.