5-year old ham nominated for new editor for Channel 9 news

Status
Not open for further replies.

chittshrek

Premium Subscriber
The same reason the media says that we(firefighters) wear oxygen tanks. I would not wear an oxygen tank cause I do not feel like exploding. Now a compressed air tank aka scba yes I will

KM5LZ

5 year old

In the early 80s I was at the Louisville KY. hamfest when a 5 year old passed his General class that would be the old General with 13 words a minute code. Kids are amazing.

KC0KM

Couple of thoughts on this. One the kid was amazing, and way to go for him, keep it up and he might be one of the youngest Extras. There is a gal in our club, who got her Extra when she was 8 or 9 years old, and can do code at roughly 60 WPM. As for the media, they simpoly do not pay attention. It is like calling a fire engine a fire truck (and vice the versa), to them it is one and the same. Where I work we have [2 meter] business radios (1.98 meter or 515.52 MHz), most of them call it a "CB". I have to tell them that is not and that we have a license for it, adn we have to follow certain rules. How many who are not involved with Amateur Radio, simply think we run "CB's" ? It is all a matter of prespective, and not knowing one thing or another.

Voyager

It is like calling a fire engine a fire truck (and vice the versa), to them it is one and the same.

Can't blame it all on them. Even the industry can't decide on what a "Tanker" is. In the western states, they have wings. In the eastern states, they don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.