Is This A Scam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vk3vsw

Premium Subscriber
I purchased a microphone from James W Pritchard WY4K back in early January 2016 and yet to recieve it.
The Payment was made via PayPal to Eilleen Woodward as she was handling James's sales on Ebay.

I have tried in vain to contact both James and /or Eilleen via emails and have not had a reply.

I'm concerned I've lost $175 Aus in the process.

Interested in any comments................

Best Regards

Chris VK3VSW
Torquay
Australia.

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
I don't know if it's a scam or not... Sometimes it takes a while to send an item across the ocean. Especially if it goes by boat. I've waited over a month to get stuff from China.

But, I would be concerned with the lack of communication.

Was there a tracking number where you can check the status? If not, you can claim a refund through PayPal as long as you file for it within 45 days of the purchase.

K7MEM

Sadly, it may be a scam. Try the link below. It is a different call sign, but the PayPal person is the same. Anytime someone requests that you send a payment to a different name, it is probably a scam. The person receiving the payment is often a victim as well. The persons account was probably hacked and doesn't know it. When you transfer funds into her account, the scammer immediately pulls it out. It's gone before anyone knows it.

look out for scammer using call k5ww

I looked on QRZ.com and account for WY4K is not managed, so there is no email address. Scammers look for unmanaged QRZ.com accounts. WY4K probably doesn't even know that someone is using his call sign.

Martin - K7MEM

vk3vsw

Premium Subscriber
Hi Guys,

The sale was from a site here in VK, VK Classifieds and it was just a payment via PayPal not for goods or services. PayPal does not action these types of payments if a dispute arises.
Chris VK3VSW

Last edited:

vk3vsw

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Martin,

The email address and name matches on your QRZ link.
I have now been scammed!

Thanks Guys,

Best 73 De VK3VSW - Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.