RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Amateur Radio > Amateur Radio General Discussion

Amateur Radio General Discussion - General discussion forum for amateur radio topics not covered by the above forums.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-11-2018, 9:16 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

w6wbj...after watching youtube videos about you and news articles on what youve done..you seem like a true horses arse...why do you do it?....i mean the real reason...are you insane?...crazy?..are you on drugs? ..why.do you hate your fellow hams?..what is your point?
Old 06-11-2018, 9:28 PM

I say don't feed the troll here and let a Federal Judge deal with the SOB. He is mentally ill and seems to want a conflict so after this post I'm not going to give him anything to fuel his disease.
Old 06-11-2018, 9:36 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

You are mistaken. There is no federal order against me. Under the Communications Act, the Commission does not have the authority to issue binding forfeiture orders. That is why they must refer them to the Department of Justice to file suit to collect them. Until the U.S. District Court makes a judgment, there is no order. The Department of Justice declined to file suit, so there is no order and there never will be one.
Old 06-11-2018, 9:38 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

You are mistaken, Bryan. No federal judge is going to hear my case. It is an FCC ALJ. There is a big difference between the two, you know. I think you should learn the correct terminology and procedures in these cases before you make such comments.
Old 06-11-2018, 9:39 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Very unfortunate!
Sponsored links
Old 06-11-2018, 9:42 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

It's possible that not everyone here knows all the fine details because they haven't subjected themselves to the same problems. As a lawyer, you should know those things and that's good, I suppose. I wanted to be a lawyer but they wouldn't let me. My parents were married,
Old 06-12-2018, 12:59 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I thought that the radioreference.com forum had a rule prohibiting personal attacks. If there is such a rule, I respectfully request the moderator to apply it. Thank you.
Old 06-12-2018, 2:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W6WBJ View Post
I thought that the radioreference.com forum had a rule prohibiting personal attacks. If there is such a rule, I respectfully request the moderator to apply it. Thank you.
The irony... it's almost too much.
Old 06-12-2018, 3:00 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Here is a link to my most recent filing in my non-renewal case, which you may find interesting:

https://ecfsapi.fcc.gov/file/1060735...s%20Report.pdf
I did indeed find it interesting. I think you have made some very cogent points in your filing. I do wonder about the wisdom of the inclusion of humor in such, but it was entertaining!

I am however very glad that I live in the Midwest, so am unaffected by such actions as have been alleged.
Old 06-12-2018, 7:33 PM
Lead Wiki Manager
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

A few thoughts from the moderator.

We can find no evidence that W6WBJ has more than one account at RadioReference. If someone has such evidence, please PM me.

RadioReference does have a rule against insulting other members. Those of you who are thinking about hurling an insult, think twice as the infraction hammer might come down on you. Those of you who feel that you've been insulted, there is a means to report the post so that all the moderators can address it. I suggest you use it.

Those of you who are replying without direct knowledge of the facts that the FCC and the DOJ had before them, might want to reconsider. Why get yourself involved in a thread where you are basing your post on hearsay and conjecture?

Finally, please stay on topic. Talking about lawyers and their parents is not on topic for this thread.

"The whole world's living in a digital dream. It's not really there, it's all on the screen." -- WB6ACU

Last edited by W9BU; 06-13-2018 at 6:25 AM.. Reason: corrected callsign
Old 06-12-2018, 7:45 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I'm sorry, Robert, but I couldn't figure out the procedure for reporting a post to the moderator. Please forgive me if I am dumb, but I really did look around the site pretty diligently and couldn't find how to do it. Would you mind telling me how, for future reference? Thank you. Bill Crowell
Old 06-12-2018, 7:47 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Click on that little red triangle with an "!" inside that appears on the top right corner of a post to report it.
Old 06-14-2018, 9:20 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

W6WBJ you do know that the Amature radio is not a right, and in truth, the fcc can denye you even if there accusations of misconduct, and also that since you was denied, and have had a few reports on you, and from a few others as well, they can revoke that ticket you HELD. If you was doing what is alleged, stick with cb, i hear ch 6 and 19 are the fun ones. besides its cheaper and all you need is a cobera 29 and a little firestick and have at it.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:17 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

riccom, first of all, I think you should learn to spell "amateur".

You are absolutely incorrect that an amateur radio license is a mere privilege rather than a right. Clearly it is a right, because you are entitled to full due process under the Administrative Procedure Act before your license can be terminated. You don't get full due process with a mere privilege. On the contrary, and by its very definition, a privilege can be revoked for any or no reason.
Old 06-14-2018, 11:24 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

ACTUALLY having an Amateur Radio license IS a privilege. Much like a Drivers License and Hunting and a Fishing License. The ONLY rights we have are laid out for us in the Bill of Rights. and These privileges CAN be taken away from us for several reasons. Makes me wonder about many in the Ham world nowadays. Just because you dodged a bullet this time no need to thumb your nose at the FCC. Reminds me too much of many in the CB world in the 80's and 90's.
Old 06-15-2018, 7:36 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Any "right" that requires obtaining a license to exercise it is either NOT a right, or being infringed....
Old 06-15-2018, 8:23 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

It's a privilege, not a right. Simply because they added due process doesn't change that. Driving is also a privilege and there are processes you can go through if the government tries to take it away.
Old 06-15-2018, 2:37 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Most definitely a privilege. The driver license analogy is spot on. You don't need a driver license to move about freely. You certainly don't need to be able to talk on an amateur radio to exercise your First Amendment rights or any other rights.

I know I am making the same mistake, but I wanted to say something about this. These personality types exist because we permit them by giving them what they need. Attention.

The point is, we need to take the same attitude with this that is best on amateur radio. Ignore the bad element. When it no longer gets its ego fed, it will seek out a new source of attention.
Old 06-16-2018, 8:24 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Sorry about your ADD. Please read my earlier posts again.

You guys simply don't understand the difference between a right and a privilege. A privilege can be revoked for any or no reason; no due process is necessary. You only get due process with a right. Your comparison of a driver's license is incorrect because a driver's license is a right (even though the state might call it a privilege because they don't want you to think you can contest their decisions). It is a right because anyone who meets the published criteria is entitled to a license, and if the state should refuse to issue you one even though you meet the requirements, you can go to court for a writ of mandamus to make them issue it. And if you disagree with your driver's license being revoked, you are entitled to a hearing before a motor vehicles department ALJ, and if dissatisfied with the ALJ's decision you can contest it in court. None of these considerations apply to a mere privilege.

And besides, why are you laymen arguing with a lawyer? Don't you know your place?
Old 06-16-2018, 8:50 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
You guys simply don't understand the difference between a right and a privilege. A privilege can be revoked for any or no reason; no due process is necessary. You only get due process with a right. Your comparison of a driver's license is incorrect because a driver's license is a right (even though the state might call it a privilege because they don't want you to think you can contest their decisions). It is a right because anyone who meets the published criteria is entitled to a license, and if the state should refuse to issue you one even though you meet the requirements, you can go to court for a writ of mandamus to make them issue it. And if you disagree with your driver's license being revoked, you are entitled to a hearing before a motor vehicles department ALJ, and if dissatisfied with the ALJ's decision you can contest it in court. None of these considerations apply to a mere privilege.

And besides, why are you laymen arguing with a lawyer? Don't you know your place?
All of those things apply to privileges. The fact that they regulate it doesn't mean it's not a privilege,

The "published criteria" are for safety reason so one doesn't jeopardize other citizens. The jury's still out as to whether that works but that's for a different forum,

The importance of driving, and thus a license, in today's society has mandated certain due process criteria. Why can't the guy down the street with dementia get a license? Why can't a blind man get a license? It's because they don't have a right to drive and put others in danger which they are likely to do, The fact that a courts mandates the issuance has nothing to do with rights, The courts mandated that certain clerks issue marriage licenses for same-sex couples but nowhere in the Constitution is marriage mentioned, It's left to the states and the states cannot grant constitutional rights,