AOR 300a Power on Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragon48

Hi,

I have an AOR 3000a that literally has not been powered on in years—It was working perfectly the last time I used it. My best guess is that I last used it 5 years ago. I just plugged it in and saw the screen populated with a bunch of 8s and options. This screen is visible whether the power is on or off. There is no sound, even at maximum volume. Can this be fixed with a simple reset, (if so, please describe how) or is something really wrong? I have cared for the unit well—It was sitting in a drawer. No physical damage has occurred.

In addition, can somebody please post a link to a manual for the unit as I lost mine. Please see the embedded pic which shows the problem.

Please advise.

Thanks

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
If I recall well there is a reset switch inside behind the front panel on the circuit board. Remove the top and bottom cover and then look at the circuit board behind the keyboard/display board.

Gommert

dkf435

Your memory battery is dead, you will need to plug power in for a little time. then unplug power cord and remove bottom cover and find reset button on back of control/ keyboard and press while plugging cord back into radio and it should reset and power up. It may take more then once to do it.

After resetting all memories will be lost and it should show 80.000 WFM you can program freqs and set clock but if you unplug for more then a short time and the capacitors bleed down it may need resetting again.

I unsolder old CPU memory battery and solder wires to a replacement CR2032 coin cell holder and use double stick tape to secure.

Still have one AR-3000 and 3 AR-3000A radios chugging away.

David Kb7uns

Status
Not open for further replies.