AR5000A & OmniRig Control - Interference

Status
Not open for further replies.

osros

Feed Provider
Wondering if anyone else with AR5000A using OmniRig radio control interface is getting a popping or pulse from the RS232 connection? Every time its activated I hear the popping and it only happens with OmniRig. I have One or two other applications that don't use omnirig and all seems fine. This popping effects everything, can see on meter, spectrum display, and hear it.

The popping seems to be related to the Poll Int, ms. I can adjust this setting and the popping increases or slows now but cant make it go away.

I already tried 2 Pcs with same results, I will see what I can do for better grounding but cant go crazy not perm setup for radios.

Anyone gets this also or have any suggestions to get rid of it!

snackers7

AR5000A & OmniRig Control success.

Managed to get my AR5000 finally working with OmniRig/SDR-Radio/Windows10/
Go to/join the........... Yahoo Groups: ar5000 group ...............
And the ini file in the files section you need is called......... AR5000-v05.ini

Had to use my Hackrf to receive the 10.7mhz output from my Ar5000 in SDR-Radio software.
An RTL would need an HF converter to be able to receive the 10.7mhz signal I think.
Not perfect but it is pretty good. All the other ini files around pulse and pop.

Can be a bit of delay changing freqs,Though at least it works.

cheers Tony.

Otiselevator

Ar5000 omnirig

Anybody have a link to the referenced ini file mentiuoned above, I'm currently having the same problem...
Thanks in advance.

Otiselevator

Modified an RTL SDR dongle for 'direct sampling', win 7 comms working now with HDSDR.

AR5000-v05.ini attached as txt, rename to .ini

Attachments

• AR5000-v05.ini.txt
    5.4 KB · Views: 187
Status
Not open for further replies.