AR8200 ver1, squelch not opening in FM mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanstevens

Hi All,

Just wondered if anyone has come across this problem. Airband scan has no problem, so AM is working fine but NFM (not tested WFM) has a problem.

If the SQ is closed a tiny bit or to max and left closed for more than 3-4 seconds, if a signal appears, the S meter shows the signal strength correctly but the 'S' does not appear on the screen and as such the SQ wont open. If I then manually open the SQ control fully, instead of an immediate un-muting of sound, it can take another 3-4 seconds before the SQ actually open up the sound.

It all seems to have a timing element of about 3-4 seconds. I have tried CLEAR while PWR powering up to soft reset it but it doesnt seem to do anything i.e. I dont see a reset as you would on a AR5000 - as there is no confirmation or anything that shows it was reset - it is as if I just switch it on so not sure if the soft reset is actually happening but it is not doing anything.

I have had this receiver for a long time from new and it probably has had less than 24 hours of operation, so its not as it has been abused or anything.

Would appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks,
Sean
M0HPA

Status
Not open for further replies.