AOR AR-MINI PC-Mini Programmer Pin-outs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

luckygecko

I am putting this on it's own thread hoping someone will notice it:

I have on order, a USB Programming USB to TTL Serial Cable. ("he power pin provides the 500mA direct from the USB port and the RX/TX pins are 3.3V level for interfacing with the most common 3.3V logic level chipsets") It is 4 outputs. Even though they call it TTL, it has Ground, 3.3V logic on RX/TX, and a 5V power cable extra. (right from the USB bus) Assuming since the AR-Mini's programming cable is only tip/center/ring, there is no CTS/RTS to worry about.

If I knew where the RX/TX and Ground were on the tip/center/ring programming earphone plug I think it would work for that purpose.

The stock power supply is: 6 VDC 500mA . As for the 5V power on this cable, since this radio uses a 6V power supply, so I am going to see if I can power the radio from 5V/500mw, for it would be nice to run it off of USB battery packs in a bind.

But, my most important task, is finding the correct Tip/Center/Ring for programming. I am guessing ring is ground, and that should be easy to check with a continuity meter from ring plugged into a powered down, battery less radio and touching the ground terminal in the battery compartment.

luckygecko

So far, carefully trying this cable is a no go, but I did not want to fry my radio, so I was timid in testing.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QT7LQ88

Now, the PC-Mini cable uses the CP210 family UART . So, I might have to find something else. They may somehow piggyback the RTS signal over over one of the pins, and the cable I bought does not have that.

Status
Not open for further replies.