Happy with AR-DV1 BUT......

Status
Not open for further replies.

allclear

Hi guys - I bought a new ar-dv1 and have been happy with it so far. Just one problem though, there is a slight continuous buzzing noise coming from the speaker, even sitting a couple of meters away I can still hear it.

Now, I have played around with different settings and have discovered this,

1. It makes the noise in auto mode only.

2. In FM mode it makes the noise BUT will stop making the noise if I change the IF BW from 15k to 30k.

Can anyone else hear a buzzing noise from theirs? Any ideas on what could be going on?

Thank you

N9JIG

Sheriff
I wonder if the wall-wart is bad. Try a different (and clean) source of 12VDC and see if the buzz goes away.

allclear

Thanks for your reply. I have tried that and no luck.

I have plugged in some external speakers and still can hear the buzzing noise coming from the receiver speaker but not the external speakers.

As I said before, if I put it in FM mode and change the IF from 15k to 30k it goes away.

Puzzled....

hamradionl

I dont hear any loud buzzing noise i use those good oldies big transformer power supply :)

BamaScan

Premium Subscriber
I have noticed a very slight buzzing sound when I turn my frequencies in memory. It does not occur all the time. It occurs when I turn the dial to fast in SSB mode. The only way to get it back to normal is to turn the knob to a fm frequency in memory. Then back to SSB it works. It has been in there since it has come out. None of the updates have fixed the problem yet.

UKDMRUser

I have a similar problem but it's more a high pitched noise it's making rather than a buzzing sound, like a dog whistle kind of high tone which has gotten a little worse since I bought it and isn't very nice to hear. It does it the whole time the unit is on.

The receive sensitivity compared to other scanners and receivers is not very good either. The decode has problems too, using the same antenna DSD and a dongle will decode some users fine where the AOR will be either choppy or not decode at all.

I'm worried because it is faulty and I bought it from an overseas seller on ebay who has not got back to me yet so not sure what I can do. Can anyone advise? Is there someone in the UK who can look at it or would AOR help?

hamradionl

For DMR decode try the new firmware 1510c.
Make contact with AOR Japan they responding very fast, very friendly and also very helpful and understanding.
Japan responding much faster as USA who in my case do not respond at all.

UKDMRUser

Thanks hamradionl I will try and contact AOR Japan.

I have the latest firmware installed and have stayed up to date with the latest releases but these are problems the unit has had since I got it.The constant high pitch tone it emits can only be tolerated for so long before the wife tells me to turn it off as it's annoying her.

Status
Not open for further replies.