AR-DV1 worse receiver I have owned!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

allclear

I have never owned a receiver/scanner that has had so many issues with it. I bought my ar-dv1 brand new. The glitches it has is ridiculous!!

1. The speaker is buzzing
2. I came home today after leaving it on for about 2 hours and it was frozen!! I could not turn it off or nothing, the screen was frozen. I had to unplug it from the wall
3. The audio in FM mode is terrible!! it sounds better in auto mode
4. The keypad colors are wrong (this was noted MONTHS ago but still not fixed in updates)
5. Pressing the SQL for 2 seconds doesn't display the squelch options

I am running the latest version of the firmware.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
Hmm - I have had none of those issues and am also running the most current firmware.

- Chris

allclear

Yes firmware is 1510B.

You probably have the issues but haven't noticed.

Mine froze again today, could not stop the recorder. Had to unplug it from the power.

If you go through previous post here over the last few months, all these issues have been noted.

allclear

Re the firmware,

Should I upload all the firmware or does the latest release cover everything?

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
I think I would notice of the unit froze up and would not power down.

While I will admit that the key colors of yellow and orange don't exactly match what I was expecting, the others are correct.

Pushing FUNCTION and SQL and holding it for 2 seconds brings up my squelch option menu.

- Chris

ve2mel

Hello Chris,
I try on my side the yellow and orange , and no problem to power off and SQL option
I'm running the 1510b version.
for me I hope AOR fixing the problem to decode CTCSS in FM mode soon...! Because I put my homepatrol uniden(300$) on top of the ar-dv1 and power off the aor recever (1200$).

Eric
VE2MEL

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
for me I hope AOR fixing the problem to decode CTCSS in FM mode soon

I've seen people complain about the CTCSS and DCS decoding not working, but so far, every time I've set up an analog channel, the CTCSS or DCS is working correctly. Not sure why some are having problems with it.

- Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.