AR8200D Software Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimaxxxl

Premium Subscriber
Hello all,
Noobie question. I just received my AR8200D and was wondering if these radios receive software updates like the unidens I have owned/own. I looked it up but cant find any information. Is there some software I can download to look for updates and load them on my receiver?

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
They came out with an update several months ago and I would think any new receiver would have it. The upgrade process is easy if they come out with anything new.
prcguy

Hi!
Recently purchased the AR8600 Mk 2 and was wondering about the same question concerning my receiver. Can you tell me the procedure for uploading software, such as ARC 8200 and also Firmware updates?

I too, am use to Uniden's x36HP's and have that down solid. But the 8600 is kind of a new ballgame. I started to program the receiver by hand but that's an arduous task.

Thank you.

prcguy

I don't have the email from AOR handy but I think you simply put the new file on the micro SD card with nothing else on the card then prompt the receiver to upgrade.
prcguy

Hi!
Recently purchased the AR8600 Mk 2 and was wondering about the same question concerning my receiver. Can you tell me the procedure for uploading software, such as ARC 8200 and also Firmware updates?

I too, am use to Uniden's x36HP's and have that down solid. But the 8600 is kind of a new ballgame. I started to program the receiver by hand but that's an arduous task.

Thank you.

prcguy

I contacted AOR US when it was first released and they were unaware of it. I then contacted AOR Japan and they sent me a copy. You might search the RR files as there was a discussion of this and the rev # was mentioned.

If your firmware is older than the current version I would contact AOR US first if your in the US.
prcguy

Any idea where I go to get upgrade software and what program I use for the update?

dimaxxxl

Premium Subscriber
Thank you. Contacting them may be my best bet. I have not had any luck searching the forum or internet.

prcguy

Looking up an old thread there is mention of firmware reference # AR82D004 for the firmware that was released early this year. If your D model was purchased or upgraded after maybe February this year it should have the latest version.

I was having problems with a specific P25 channel where the receiver would not quiet during repeater hang time and it made a buzzing sound in the speaker between voice transmissions. The firmware cleared up that problem and everything works fine now.

How old is your D model? Are you having any problems like this?
prcguy

Thank you. Contacting them may be my best bet. I have not had any luck searching the forum or internet.

dimaxxxl

Premium Subscriber
I just got the D model. I'm not having issues per say but want to keep it up to date. All my past equipment has worked best when kept up to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.