AR-DV1 at about 9 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Most of you interested in the AR-DV1 know my experience and reviews of this receiver. I will not repeat my old or more recent impressions, which can be read on several other threads on Radio Reference if you search for AR-DV1 related threads.
In summary, I have had a hard time recommending this receiver. However, with the new firmware updates and the availability of Butel software for this receiver (thanks Gommert), I now do recommend this radio to anyone interested in all its features.
This radio will never replace a high end scanner, be it Uniden or Whister, for US users who require trunking and rapid scanning speeds. But as a receiver, now with reasonable scanning speeds, that covers all modes, and with excellent sensitivity from AM broadcast up into the 800 Mhz range, I now would recommend it. I would also buy a handheld version if available, and I hope AOR will consider it.

As a disclaimer, my opinions are my own. As many of you know, I speak Japanese and have talked and met with Taka at AOR in Torrance CA many times in connection with this receiver. Frankly, Taka may not have been too pleased with some of my initial comments, but things have really improved. I now can honestly recommend this radio.

Finally, there is another thread regarding an excellent review of the AR-DV1 in the UK by David G7VDI. A must read for anyone considering this receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.