RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners, Receivers and Related Equipment Forums > AOR Receivers

AOR Receivers - A forum for the discussion of all AOR scanning radios and receivers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2017, 8:12 AM

Default beta test

i did not mean to insult mike and i am sorry it came over that way, mike is a good bloke as you are also, i guess i was having a frustrated moment and also apologise to you. i agree with a lot you have said about the q files if you especially want pc control
Sponsored links
Old 05-06-2017, 8:13 AM

I stand by what I have said on here and Facebook and have freely said that I am one of the beta testers..
One has to ask, do you have the correct scanner for your needs, if it is digital that you require (DMR) there are alternatives, I own three other digital scanners and the DV1 would not be my first choice to use portable..

Mike
WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q / UBCD3600XLT
Old 05-06-2017, 8:53 AM

i use the aor dv1 portable also yes, i use all sorts of modes aswell including digital. My wife like using it also while i am using my yaesu ft857d or icom ic7100 etc
Old 05-06-2017, 2:11 PM

I suppose it is horses for courses, Espyonard meets my requirements to enhance the use of the DV1..
I don't know how long you have been using the program, but when I first started using the program it's main purpose was to control the DV1 via a PC, since then it has developed in all directions and has the characteristics of a Swiss Army Knife..

Mike
WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q / UBCD3600XLT
Old 05-09-2017, 11:53 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default More news - v.6.0007-006b

I was asked by a Customer if it would be possible to transfer blocks of frequencies from a 'Q-DB' text file to an AR-DV1 Memory Bank as a single operation.

I must confess I was not sure, but realised it would 'Square The Circle' re 'Q', and since 'Q' itself started out as an impossible dream, I did my best.

I have a fully working 'BETA' already, which effectively means with 'Q' you will also be able to quickly import frequencies from many sources to a 'Q-DB' file, view and scan them as now, but additionally if you want, transfer them to the Radio's Memory Banks should you wish or need to.

I many cases the function will be automatic, in some a small amount of User inter-action may be necessary, but much faster and easier than entering them manually to the Radio alone, or other methods involving typing into Spreadsheets, and then uploading them 'blind'. (not 'knocking' that method at all, it has its uses)

The new version (006B) is back to the stage of in depth testing before general release, but I will keep people informed.

SO WATCH THIS SPACE - if you do not know what 'Q' can do already as yet, then you are missing something very interesting. Download the free Trial from www.espyonard.com and read the (accursed) Manual if nothing else. Even if you do not have an AR-DV1 yet it is worth installing the program and reading all about the program, especially 'Q'.

(Some people might and probably will say it is just another example of how unprofessional I must be, spending several more 16 hours days adding something for a program that requires a Manual, but I will just have to risk that. I am impressed how so many of eSPYonARD's 'virtues' can be dismissed as 'vices' though, in other threads, and a program's lack of many functions indicates superiority over one that has so many. Just mentioning it, as I still refuse to play that sort of game, lol.)
Sponsored links
Old 05-09-2017, 12:38 PM

Well the author of eSPYonARD has been working very hard with me to help with a suggestion i made about adding memories to the AOR DV1 in bulk (one bank at a time). I must say i am pleased i bought this software because as i have seen in the testing of this new feature that eSPYonARD is quickly becoming a swiss army knife type of program whereby every user type is catered for.You will always get first class support from the author aswell as i have. I think personally that this software is leaps and bounds above the rest especially when you have to boot, an author who is willing to, and if possible will act on your suggestions within a day or two.
Old 05-10-2017, 6:00 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Progress report

In case anyone is interested in current progress regarding the next update, here is a bit of news.

I am tweaking things at the moment, especially regarding the bulk transfer of 'Q-DB' files to a Memory Bank

One of 'Q''s features is the ability to leave the Radio running during a Search and it creates an intelligent 'Q' List of all the frequencies that are active, time and date stamped, which is saved automatically.

The list is 'intelligent' because it does not create a new line if the same frequency 'opens' again, just updates the date and time. In effect you know exactly what frequencies are active where you are, but you do not have the inconvenience of many 'repeated' entries being added each time the squelch opens.

Of course as with all 'Q' lists they are inter-active i.e. clicking on a frequency line transfers the Frequency and Mode to the AR-DV1.

Today's tweak means the program will automatically distinguish if the list displayed is one obtained from either an automatic 'Q-SEARCH', or the other useful list that is created just by right clicking the VFOA button whenever an interesting frequency is discovered.

Up till now the lists have solely been stored in text files on the P.C., which is of course very convenient for many reasons, but now the program can transfer the entire contents of either of the above lists to a selected Memory Bank in one operation.

That operation is entirely automatic. No User intervention is ever required because the lists created by the above are already in the exact format required. Just a few mouse clicks are necessary.

I still want to do a few days thorough testing, but 6.0007-006B should be available at the Web Site within a few days.

AND the answer to he question is:- "No, I don't have time to sleep, too busy with eSPYonARD", lol.
Old 05-16-2017, 11:32 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default v.60007-006B

I have just uploaded '006B' to www.espyonard.com.

I realise there have been three updates in fairly quick succession, but they were created because Users contacted me with good ideas, that were worth the effort of including, and expanding upon.

Perhaps the most significant is the ability to transfer an entire 'Q-DB' frequency list to an AR-DV1 Memory Bank automatically.

Many hours of testing, and even more creating the new functions and improvements.

As usual, if anyone experiences any technical issues or has ideas for future functions, please contact me, but do not post here.

I rarely reply to technical queries on Forums, it just clogs them up.

There are two icons at the Web Page that enable anyone to contact me by email. You can always expect quick replies and assistance.

For any new readers, the Trial program can be downloaded from the Site. It is free and available for as long as you wish to try it, however there are some limitations applied.

Still worth mentioning that if you do not know what a 'Q-DB' list is, then you are unaware of 'Q' and its revolutionary functions, only available for the AR-DV1, with eSPYonARD.

The Trial can be activated with a Code, so nobody has to download the program again.

New and existing users should read the new additions to the Manual. They explain the new functions in full, and I always recommend looking at the 'Changes Log' at the end of the Manual.

No apologies for providing a Manual, lol. Any program that claims it does need one is very unlikely to be the sophisticated software that a dedicated AR-DV1 owner should demand.

Enjoy..........
Old 05-18-2017, 9:33 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Whoops I forgot to add something

I have added a small square button, top left of the main window in 006C.

Clicking it will give you the option of going straight to www.espyonard.com so that you can quickly check for updates.

Just a small addition I know, but hopefully useful.
Sponsored links
Old 05-20-2017, 4:36 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Three New YouTube Videos showing 'Q' in Action

If you do not know what eSPYonARD 'Q' is about, look at these 3 short Demos of 'Q' in action:-

https://youtu.be/XuzgWDWFtkI...'Q' Capture
https://youtu.be/7EFdx2Ta-D0 ....'Q' Import
https://youtu.be/KXISsRlkI5g......'Q' to Memory Bank

Last edited by marlbrook; 05-20-2017 at 4:45 PM..
Old 05-22-2017, 5:05 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default New youtube video showing latest version

Here is an updated video showing some features of the latest eSPYonARD version
https://youtu.be/Ncb4uTWTZRE

The original page is still available. This shows an earlier version in action,
and I cannot change the video content as all the Customer comments would be lost.
Go to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZNZ...ature=youtu.be
to read them

Last edited by marlbrook; 05-22-2017 at 5:09 PM..