RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners, Receivers and Related Equipment Forums > AOR Receivers

AOR Receivers - A forum for the discussion of all AOR scanning radios and receivers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-05-2017, 9:54 AM

Having had a chance to test out the pre-release of the latest version of eSPYonARD and being located in the UK I am IMPRESSED !!
The Ofcom** Wireless Telegraphy Register database listing has been adapted by Jeff to run seamlessly with the Q database function.
Being a large listing it takes about 30 seconds to load into the Q database, not bad for the size of the file.
When loaded the entries are in frequency order - like so:
0446.15000 STOREFAST LIMITED [TQ6224073428] Northfleet Kent da118hn AUTO
0446.16250 ODEON LIMITED [TA0940028300] Kingston upon Hull Kingston upon Hull hu12sa AUTO

You will notice that the User Name, NGR and Mode is in upper case, the location is in mixed case and the location postcode is in lower case.
This is useful as you can specify in a search for either a Name = SLOUGH, or a location = Slough. Or you can combine the two (separated by ,)
SLOUGH,Slough
You can of course search by frequency or part of a full frequency.
The results of your search are displayed on screen and can be saved as your own frequency database files which can be recalled and edited as required.
The AUTO entry tells the AR-DV1 to receive in AUTO Mode.
The entry in brackets is the NGR - National Grid Reference of the radio site, If an entry line is double clicked on and accept the option to go to a map of the location, eSPYonARD opens a web based mapping program in your browser called Mapmate and displays the location on a Google Map style map, which can be zoomed in and out from.
And of course by double clicking the entry tunes the AR-DV1 to the entry frequency..

My thoughts - AMAZING, it takes eSPYonARD to another level and makes Ofcom's cumbersome WTR database file a seamless addition to eSPYonARD' Q-DB function.

Since I first purchased eSPYonARD Jeff has added a host of functions but to me this beats nearly all of them and a first for UK AR-DV1 users.

Ofcom** is the UK's communications regulator like the FCC in the USA.

Mike
WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q / UBCD3600XLT
Sponsored links
Old 10-05-2017, 3:13 PM

Default Quick update

The program now uses Google Maps direct, but obviously your P.C. must be connected to the Net for this to work.

The program (next update) recognises the Post Code in 'Q' lines in the new 'Q' Frequency Database File/List, and offers you the option of viewing a Map of where the frequency entry is situated.

The appropriate Google Maps page opens in Map view, but you can switch to a Satellite view if you wish.

In addition many of the Google pages will show a picture of the location too.

The first version I mentioned today used a National Grid Reference to display a Map, but I am sure using a Post Code is a better function.

This also really opens up the possibilities of Users being able to add their own Map calling to any line in a 'Q' List they already have created, not only in the UK but in other Countries too.

I know 'unique' is a BIG word to use about anything.

The AR-DV1 / eSPYonARD ' 'Q' were a unique combination a year ago. With each program update the 'unique' factor has increased, but for UK Users the availability of a significantly enhanced OfCom Database 'Q-DB' text file, ready for immediate use in a filter enabled 'Q-DB' inter-active list, and the Map viewing capability will re-define 'unique' upwards once again.
Old 10-06-2017, 8:24 AM

Default One ,ore feature for the new update 007E (not yet released)

Again this will be of most interest to UK Users.

The new update will also be able to use the Google Map function in the 'UK LIST 2017-AUTO-SORTED' Q-DB file which accompanies eSPYonARD's 007D update of last month.

The program examines a line when it is double-clicked and tries to identify location information. If it does, if you elect to do so, it sends that info to Google Maps.

eSPYonARD Users who have downloaded and installed 007D will see that the UK LIST 2017-AUTO-SORTED 'Q' file does not contain a National Grid References or Post Codes in the entries, so the ability to still find many Goggle maps is quite a feat of programming.

It can never be 100% accurate, but very impressive. The results will fall into these categories:-

If a selected line contains

a. sufficient identifiable information, the correct MAP is automatically displayed, which seems to happen on most occasions

b. some location information, but Goggle Maps are unable to find a direct match, the Google page displays the address searched, and in many cases a User may be able to manually alter the line so that the correct Map appears

c. no location information at all, it is ignored and the Google page does not open.

NOTE the above is in ADDITION to the Map function for the new UK BUSINESS LICENCES-SORTED 'Q' file previously mentioned. Most lines in that file do contain a Post Code, and although I cannot verify the accuracy of that for each of the many thousand entries, the majority seem to be fine.

eSPYonARD has been modified so User's can elect to turn the MAPPING function on or off.
Old 10-09-2017, 6:00 AM

Default v.6.0007-007E with Google Mapping function

v.6.0007-007E is ready - with Google Mapping and 2 UK Frequency Database files containing over 138,000 entries, plus a small US 'Q' file example.

Users can use the 'Q' filters to find frequencies in their area, and save them as a new 'Q-DB' file for immediate use as an interactive list. i.e just double click on a line and the Frequency is transferred to the AR-DV1.

Last bit of testing to do - should be uploaded to www.espyonard.com very soon.

Just double click on a 'Q-DB' frequency line to view MAP.

Impossible to include Frequency Databases for all Countries, however existing or new 'Q'-DB' files can be created or modified to utilise Google Maps quite simply - full description in eSPYonARD Manual

Screen shot attached
Attached Images

Last edited by marlbrook; 10-09-2017 at 6:05 AM..
Old 10-10-2017, 10:31 AM

Default User request function additions

I have added somethings to the next update '007E' regarding searching for Digital Scramble codes. The speed can be increased, and now the User can select from a list of several pre-programed increments. 10, 100, 200, and 300.

ENHANCED SEARCH FUNCTION FOR DIGITAL SCRAMBLING

The SEARCH ON/OFF button activates an automatic search. The values are displayed in the adjacent box. The UP / DOWN buttons increment or decrement the value by 1 in non-auto mode. The slider can be used to adjust the value.

(NEW) Right-click The SEARCH button to select FAST or SLOW search speed, and then select the desired increment value from the diplayed Menu.

Users may enter a different 2 number value at the end of the search number line to search for different codes.

e.g. If the search value is 3200, then selecting an increment of 10 will increase the value by that amount each time, 3210, 3220, 3230 etc.

If you change the increment to 100 and the line value to 3268, then the search will look for 3368, 3468, 3568 etc.

Any changes to the last 2 numbers are remembered, and at the end of the search it will start again using those values.
e.g. 68, 168, 268 etc.

I doubt very much whether there are many who provide such quick and extensive service to Customers. A few of you have been kind enough to respond to my previous request to take a couple of minutes and add a positive public comment to my YouTube page, but not many.

I keep the cost of the program low by not paying for advertising, so comments on the YouTube page are important.

Perhaps after the last 24 hours effort there will be at least one more?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZNZ...ature=youtu.be
Sponsored links
Old 10-10-2017, 3:51 PM

Default QUICK UPDATE re. GOOGLE MAP FUNCTION

QUICK UPDATE re. GOOGLE MAP FUNCTION

Someone asked me today if one has to enter anything on the Google Map page for the new eSPYonARD function to work.

The answer is 'no'. If there is location information in the 'Q-DB' line (as there is in most of the UK files I will be supplying), and it corresponds with the Google Map database, which is quite flexible in its interpretation, the Map showing the location of the line appears automatically, when the program's MAP function is turned 'ON' , and the Q line is double clicked.

On some occasions GOOGLE may be 'thrown' by too much information eSPYonARD's 'Q-DB' file sends, but simply by modifying the line on the Google page, the Map will then be found, but usually this is not needed

e.g. BAA ABERDEEN AIRPORT AIRRADIO MPT1327 SCOTLAND is not found by Google Maps
If you edit the line in Google to BAA ABERDEEN AIRPORT SCOTLAND, the correct map is displayed

The Program 'saves' the line it has sent to the 'Clipboard', so if necessary you can quickly re-enter it using 'paste'.

As interesting as the Google Map feature might be, do not lose sight of the fact that the main functions of Q' and the 'Q-DB' files still revolve around controlling the AR-DV1. Creating unlimited 'Q' Memory Banks, collecting the information from numerous sources, instantly transferring the frequencies etc to the AR-DV1 individually, or by scanning. Simple, wide ranging, effective, and totally unique.

There are still AR-DV1 owners who do not know what 'Q' is, lol, and what they are missing. Lots more positive posts here, at the Web Site, Facebook and YouTube pages. The Trial program is free - www.espyonard.com

Last edited by marlbrook; 10-10-2017 at 4:28 PM..
Old 10-14-2017, 8:39 AM

Default v.6.0007.007E available now

Just uploaded 007E to

www.espyonard.com

Google mapping immediately available when using the 'Q-DB' UK frequency lists provided. The 'Q Business' file is derived from the current OfCom Database, but considerably enhanced.

Duplicates have been removed, and where applicable the nearest Town / City, County and Postcode (ZIP) has been added to each entry. This allows Users much improved location 'filtering' options.

There are other new / amended functions too.

Read 'Changes Log' at the end of the updated Manual Also includes details of how to create or amend 'Q' files for Map use in other areas.