ARC DV1 PRO software now available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
ARC DV1 PRO is now available and is the most complete software suite available for the AOR DV1 receiver.

ARC DV1 PRO includes all features of the ARC DV1 BASIC software and also includes:
- full virtual control
- enhanced logging
- analog S-meter
- realtime Radioreference frequency search
- 250 preprogrammed search ranges

A more detailed description of ARC DV1 PRO and demo can be found at AOR ARDV1,AR-DV1,AORDV1,DV2, AOR DV2,CAT CONTROL,DV1,butel,ARCAT,virtual control,AOR,dmr receiver,Ar dv,aor digital receiver programming software control , short intro video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9mB76me7h8

Any feedback is welcome!

Gommert
Butel Software

gagilley03

Premium Subscriber
ARC DV1 PRO is now available and is the most complete software suite available for the AOR DV1 receiver.

ARC DV1 PRO includes all features of the ARC DV1 BASIC software and also includes:
- full virtual control
- enhanced logging
- analog S-meter
- realtime Radioreference frequency search
- 250 preprogrammed search ranges

A more detailed description of ARC DV1 PRO and demo can be found at AOR ARDV1,AR-DV1,AORDV1,DV2, AOR DV2,CAT CONTROL,DV1,butel,ARCAT,virtual control,AOR,dmr receiver,Ar dv,aor digital receiver programming software control , short intro video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9mB76me7h8

Any feedback is welcome!

Gommert
Butel Software

Gommert,

This is an excellent piece of work. I highly recommend it.

scanchs

ARC DV1 PRO

Hi Gommert,

How does one go about purchasing ARC DV1 PRO software from ScannerMaster? I don't see the PRO version listed for purchase anywhere on their website. Please advise. Thanks! :)

ScanCHS

N9JIG

Sheriff
Hi Gommert,

How does one go about purchasing ARC DV1 PRO software from ScannerMaster? I don't see the PRO version listed for purchase anywhere on their website. Please advise. Thanks! :)

ScanCHS

I have checked with our higher ups and asked that they add it to the page.

I will let you know as soon as they do!

woodpecker

If there are any European businesses planning to buy this software, note that Butel are charging 20% tax and refusing to refund it when supplied with an EU VAT number in contravention of EU cross border taxation laws.

They don't understand how taxation works and when you explain it to them they are rude and refuse to take action.

JASII

Memory Capacity
ARC DV1 PRO Software Now Available

One of the things that I have done in the past with scanners is set up files that have an entire swath of spectrum and document the sub-audible signalling used with each active frequency that I can hear from my residence. For example, a list of mine might look like the following:

1) 155.595 131.8

2) 155.610 131.8

3) 155.625 162.2

4) 155.640 131.8

If I get an AOR AR-DV1 and the ARC DV1 PRO Software, I have the following questions:

How many channels can I scan at a time?

I read that it is capable of 2000 channels in 40 banks of 50 channels.

Does that mean that I can scan any or all banks?

How fast would it scan through those channels, particularly with various modes and signalling?

For example, does it speed things up to keep all P25 channels next to one another in the same bank or does that not matter?

I have owned a couple of AOR receivers in the past, so I know that they are typically a little bit different than more traditional scanners. The last one that I had was an AOR AR5000 with the optional CTCSS decoder. It looks like it would scan up to 45 channels per second, which wasn't too bad. It did seem like keep the frequencies in either ascending or descending order helped improve the scan speed on the AOR AR5000.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed that when I enter an alpha tag with a space and download it instead of the space I get an underscore. I.E. POLICE_1. I first noticed it on the demo so didn't worry about it . I have now purchased the PRO version and it still does it. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
If I get an AOR AR-DV1 and the ARC DV1 PRO Software, I have the following questions:
How many channels can I scan at a time?
I read that it is capable of 2000 channels in 40 banks of 50 channels.
Does that mean that I can scan any or all banks?

You can select one or more banks using the bank link options. This can also be set in ARC DV1 software.
You can store 10 bank scan link profiles.

How fast would it scan through those channels, particularly with various modes and signalling?

AOR does not specify scan speed for the Dv1, I recall they claim it is as fast (or slow :) ) as the AR8600. Looking at my Dv1 I guess 20 channels/second. AOR is not known for fast scanning.

For example, does it speed things up to keep all P25 channels next to one another in the same bank or does that not matter?

I never tried this, so I can't comment on this. For P25 scanning there are cheaper and faster options like Uniden.

Gommert
Butel Software

deiraq

Gommert - you mention you welcomed feedback.

Could the Butel PRO programme (when in Virtual Control screen mode) indicate the numerical setting for the volume and squelch controls, rather than just relying on moving the slider back and forth?

Thanks

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.