AR-DV1 use only one dig.mode when bootup ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamradionl

Like just thinking out loud,
AR-DV1 on linux based radio so users able to write there own decoder modes.

DV1 is using a SD to bootup and flash.
Could i be possible to let DV1 use a bootup SDcard for load something like
- Multi digital modes
- or just one digital mode like Tetra.
this will be a solution for users all over the world.

MStep

Like just thinking out loud,
AR-DV1 on linux based radio so users able to write there own decoder modes.

DV1 is using a SD to bootup and flash.
Could i be possible to let DV1 use a bootup SDcard for load something like
- Multi digital modes
- or just one digital mode like Tetra.
this will be a solution for users all over the world.

The the best of my knowledge, the DV1 is not using the card to boot from. If you remove the card from the radio, the radio will still boot without it.

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
Ar-dv! - sd card - tetra

The receiver does not boot from the SD Card. The only time it uses the card is tor firmware updates, saving/recording backup data, and for WAV files.

It works without an SD Card inserted, as MStep said.

The person who gets any commercially available radio with encrypted Tetra decoding will certainly take the world by storm, and about as likely as holding a winning ticket for the lottery 10 weeks in succession (sigh).

The UK Police are talking about scrapping Tetra soon, in favour of adapted cell phones. Great idea, providing they can do without coverage in lots of places. That will not enter into their new logic no doubt.

The number of marginal cellular signal levels in the UK is staggering, not to mention the many places where there is no signal at all.

In the sad old days of VHF, they could often expect 30 miles or more coverage between a base unit, a single strategically placed antenna array and car radio installations. I know of several occasions where the range exceeded 100 miles. However, those were analogue sets, and not suited to the modern day, unless one takes into account they actually worked. Much better to have a modern digital set-up that only works in built up areas. I think that is called progress (or is it?).

hamradionl

BTW i experimenting with the Tetra software under linux and that work like a charm.

Yes, the DV1 radio look like bootup .
just try a cold start.... it take a while the DV1 go ON status ( disconnect power first for some time ).
When started ones, next time start faster until you disconnected the power source again.
AOR send me some file to test a local network to collect the raw data, i needed to bootup the DV1 with SDcard in it.

But i just think loud when be possible develop a Linux based DV1 to load different config files in DV1 for regions all over the world
Not only 'open tetra" but also many others.
In EU we dont use APCO25 so replace it for something else.
When you want APCO in it, bootup or flash with a APCO SD card and on you go like flash the firmware.
If DV1 is a SDR based radio, that be possible...

Again, i just thinking about if or when be possible.

MStep

BTW i experimenting with the Tetra software under linux and that work like a charm.

Yes, the DV1 radio look like bootup .
just try a cold start.... it take a while the DV1 go ON status ( disconnect power first for some time ).
When started ones, next time start faster until you disconnected the power source again.
AOR send me some file to test a local network to collect the raw data, i needed to bootup the DV1 with SDcard in it.

But i just think loud when be possible develop a Linux based DV1 to load different config files in DV1 for regions all over the world
Not only 'open tetra" but also many others.
In EU we dont use APCO25 so replace it for something else.
When you want APCO in it, bootup or flash with a APCO SD card and on you go like flash the firmware.
If DV1 is a SDR based radio, that be possible...

Again, i just thinking about if or when be possible.

Perhaps the file they sent you to boot from the card and collect the data is a start in getting some new digital modes incorporated into the DV1. That would be great. Where are you located hamradionl?

hamradionl

No it whas not new digital.
It was about the Color code Green in DMR Decode voice not function proper
and for testing decode dPMR used in UK and Europe.
AOR needed the raw data collecting.
In FW version 150xx some of these Bugs where fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.