Aor at dv1 clipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

philacop

Premium Subscriber
Hello gang
Maybe someone can help me, my dv1 decodes just fine DMR on UHF and VHF clear with no clipping at all but when I attempt to monitor DMR on 900 MHz (935-940) I can decide the voice but there is a constant clipping or the sound of squelch breaking on and off constantly during the conversations. Now could it be because the frequencies are from a connect plus system ? Don't see how that may be because I do hear voice so it does decode .
Any ideas and do others monitor a connect plus frequency or system?

MStep

Hello gang
Maybe someone can help me, my dv1 decodes just fine DMR on UHF and VHF clear with no clipping at all but when I attempt to monitor DMR on 900 MHz (935-940) I can decide the voice but there is a constant clipping or the sound of squelch breaking on and off constantly during the conversations. Now could it be because the frequencies are from a connect plus system ? Don't see how that may be because I do hear voice so it does decode .
Any ideas and do others monitor a connect plus frequency or system?

I don't monitor any Connect Plus systems (at least as far as I am aware). The only time that I've noticed the type of symptoms you described is when the DMR signal was very weak. But if the signals are strong, then perhaps it is system related.

philacop

Premium Subscriber
ar dv1 clipping

HI M Step,
The signal is strong as the site is only 7 or 8 miles away and I am also using outdoor antenna with lmr 400 cable with antenna about 35' above ground so there is no problem recieving a signal. Again it ONLY occurs on 900 mhz (935-940) voice decodes but constant clipping noise which sounds like sql clicking on and off,
I can decode the voice with no problem using DSD+ with my other equipment. No clipping of sql at all.
Finally, using current firmware 1601
Thanks again and maybe we can figure it out

MStep

HI M Step,
The signal is strong as the site is only 7 or 8 miles away and I am also using outdoor antenna with lmr 400 cable with antenna about 35' above ground so there is no problem recieving a signal. Again it ONLY occurs on 900 mhz (935-940) voice decodes but constant clipping noise which sounds like sql clicking on and off,
I can decode the voice with no problem using DSD+ with my other equipment. No clipping of sql at all.
Finally, using current firmware 1601
Thanks again and maybe we can figure it out

Hopefully someone on here who monitors the same system that you do may be able to contribute more information. It's also possible that those who are utilizing that network are not "full quieting" coming into the system--- I've observed that on some of the amateur radio 440 repeaters, where the repeater signal is very strong, but folks who are using the repeater are coming in with a weak signal. Nevertheless, because you say that you are receiving the system fine when decoding with DSD+, I have to think that perhaps something in the DV1's firmware needs tweaking.

Last edited:

philacop

Premium Subscriber
900 mhz clipping

Hi mstep
Maybe you can help with this problem i have with 900 mhz clipping on dmr voice which is dmr connect plus
system which is pdv wireless nationwide.
They have several systems in the area I believe your near so maybe you can plug a few voice frequencies in and see if you also have clipping during conversations. Sounds like rapid sql clicking on and off.
Thanks

MStep

Hi mstep
Maybe you can help with this problem i have with 900 mhz clipping on dmr voice which is dmr connect plus
system which is pdv wireless nationwide.
They have several systems in the area I believe your near so maybe you can plug a few voice frequencies in and see if you also have clipping during conversations. Sounds like rapid sql clicking on and off.
Thanks

Why don't you post the frequencies here so that I and others who may also be in the New York City area can take a listen?

philacop

Premium Subscriber
MSTEP
I'm not sure which 900 MHz dmr frequencies PDV wireless is using up there as I'm in phila area and mapped out 4 connect plus sites and frequencies they use around here. If you search the 935 to 938 MHz range that's where there at. AOR is working on it to as I sent them wav files ect.
Take care

MStep

MSTEP
I'm not sure which 900 MHz dmr frequencies PDV wireless is using up there as I'm in phila area and mapped out 4 connect plus sites and frequencies they use around here. If you search the 935 to 938 MHz range that's where there at. AOR is working on it to as I sent them wav files ect.
Take care

Check your private mail here for a message.

Status
Not open for further replies.