Clearing banks of unused frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

leviticus49

I have a AR2000 and after receiving it back from my son, the number banks are full of frequencies I am not interested in. I mean the 1 - 0 numbered banks on the receiver face. Can anyone give me the key strokes to empty a bank Please?

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
Your Question

I do not think it can be done with a few button clicks.

Unlike the AR3000, the 2000 cannot be reset to defaults. Even the AR3000 has to have the top case removed to get at the re-set switch.

As far as I know, to wipe all the frequencies you will need to do a full manual re-set, and that needs shorting some pins on one of the boards.

How to do that is described in several places. I imagine you have searched 'AR2000 reset' ?

Your decision of course. I would hesitate to do it I must confess. Presumably, bit by bit you will be overwriting the present frequencies.

Cheers
(Hopefully now I have posted this someone will come up with an easy answer and prove me wrong, lol)

leviticus49

Re: clearing banks of unused frequencies

Than You for the reply. I did consider the complete factory re-set but didn't have the confidence, so gradually I am putting new frequencies into the problem banks. I will get there eventually. Thanks again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.