ARDV1's TETRA to be annouced at HAMFAIR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vince64

Hi Folks,
I recevied a news later which officialy annouce DMO TETRA decoding mode on ARDV1 for HAMFAIR in Tokyo next Aug. 20th and 21st.
That's fine !!

N2DUP

Amateur | Professional
Premium Subscriber
I've yet to see anything official announced about TETRA and the AR-DV1. Anyone find anything? I've got zero on it.

N2DUP

Amateur | Professional
Premium Subscriber
I'm surprised NO ONE has posted anything out of the Hamfair on the AR-DV1 and TETRA. Plenty of photos of the IC-8600 though.

N2DUP

Amateur | Professional
Premium Subscriber
TETRA is starting to come into use in the US. It looks like some transit lines in the New York City area will be going TETRA.

N2DUP

Amateur | Professional
Premium Subscriber
Yeah, looks like Hamfair, especially with the IC-R8600 tweets, too. That's the only evidence so far!

G7HID

Compiled from a number of photos taken at the 2016 HAMFAIR..
Not exactly the BIG announcement we were expecting..

Attachments

• DV1 TETRA.jpg
    DV1 TETRA.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 1,983

G7HID

Copy of information received from both another member here and the AOR UK agent Waters & Stanton:
Ref info received from Japan....(complete with spelling mistakes)

" We are currenly working on a new firmware which will allow decoding of TETRAsignals. It is still in alpha stage though and will need an extra few weeks testing and bug fixing before it can be released officially.

In the meantime a "proof of concept" will be displayed officially for the first time at the HAMFAIR in Tokyo on Aug. 20 and 21."

Mike

Last edited:

MStep

Copy of information received from both another member here and the AOR UK agent Waters & Stanton:

Mike

If they can make these additional modes available (TETRA, P25 Phase 2, or others) without the addition of other hardware, then they have indeed created a "genius" of a radio in the DV1.

Last edited:

prcguy

The DV1 is advertised as an SDR receiver so no additional hardware would be needed to receive any new mode, just software or firmware changes.
prcguy

If they can make these additional modes available (TETRA, P25 Phase 2, or others) without the addition of other hardware, then they have indeed created a "genius" of a radio in the DV1.

MStep

now if only someone would create trunking software

If anyone could do it, my guess is that Jeff Marlbrook, the creator and genius behind the eSPYonARD program, is the guy who could do it.

But, is it really necessary to "reinvent the wheel", so to speak. There are plenty of great trunking scanners already out there that do fantastic work of tracking various trunked systems. The work that Jeff has already done to improve the DV1's features has been revolutionary, especially with his latest firmware which includes extremely unique, proprietary "Q" functionality. To spend the amount of time and energy to create functions that are already readily available elsewhere would seem like waste of his incredible talent.

The DV1's own "genius" lies in its ability to be an excellent, wide-band, digital and analog receiver. Essentially the first of its kind ever built, although now, one or two other companies are trying the emulate its success. For general communications reconnoitering work, the DV1 is the leader, especially when used with Jeff's eSPYonARD program.

May I suggest that if you are looking for a top-of-the-line trunking scanner, you consider the Uniden 536 base/mobile rig, or the Uniden 436 portable receiver. Both of these radios offer features and functions for both conventional and digital trunked operation that are unsurpassed.

Last edited:

vince48

Premium Subscriber
MStep,

Greetings. Sir with all do respect, I disagree. I have plenty experience with "scanners". I have purchased all of many decades ago. Uniden,GRE and others i have forgot that i purchased or changed names.
However, I'm not into buying a $500 radio every year from current scanner producers because they add some new mode or new thingy.
Selfishly, i like to have one piece of hardware (radio). I like software that can do it all. I'm not ashamed to pay at a reasonable cost for the software.

Rick from Unitrunker, Jeff Marlbrook among other talented programmers more than capable of writing trunking software for this radio.

Rick, if you are listening, I will purchase a ARDV, send it to you. If you agree it's worth your time to write software to UT's supported radios. You can contact me off list if you desire to include the ARDV

Not challenging anyone, just seeing the potential of ARDV and wouldn't it be nice if it could trunk tract!

Status
Not open for further replies.