AR8200 mk3 programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

d_clinton

Hi guys,

I am trying to reprogram my AR8200 with ARC8200v2, but I seem to be having issues getting the software to write to the radio. It seems to write bank A ok, but then fails to write anything further. The software continues to tick over as if it's writing, but there is nothing storing on the radio. If I manually save a frequency in VFO mode to bank B it stores fine. If I then try and write to it again, the alpha tag for the first channel will write, but the freq stays the same as what was previously stored and it doesn't continue on to write the rest of the bank. Any ideas what's going on??? It's driving me insane!!

Cheers
Daniel

prcguy

I've not used ARC8200v2 but have used the free AR8200 Toolkit and loved it. Very easy to enter freqs and manage banks, etc.
prcguy

Hi guys,

I am trying to reprogram my AR8200 with ARC8200v2, but I seem to be having issues getting the software to write to the radio. It seems to write bank A ok, but then fails to write anything further. The software continues to tick over as if it's writing, but there is nothing storing on the radio. If I manually save a frequency in VFO mode to bank B it stores fine. If I then try and write to it again, the alpha tag for the first channel will write, but the freq stays the same as what was previously stored and it doesn't continue on to write the rest of the bank. Any ideas what's going on??? It's driving me insane!!

Cheers
Daniel

d_clinton

I've downloaded it to try out.

I've even tried going back to an XP PC to program with the Butel software and it didn't make a difference.

d_clinton

AR8200 toolkit appears to read it ok, havent tried writing to it because I have quite a few freq's that would require manual entry with this software. The Butel software allows copy/paste and CSV files so it makes it a lot simpler. I really don't want to have to manually enter everything again, plus it doesn't seem to handle the alpha tags.

Air490

If you have only downloaded the trial version, then I think it will only write to Bank A. I'm pretty sure that is the restriction with the trial version.

d_clinton

I downloaded it from the Butel website, but I have the registration keys I paid for a number of years ago. The software accepted them and converted to the full version.

Air490

I'm just guessing here, but your registration key may be for V.1 of the software, not the current V.2

When you go into the program and have a look at the Help tab (I thinks that where it is) does it say your software is registered or the trial version?

Status
Not open for further replies.