AR3000A

Status
Not open for further replies.

ll_Cartel_ll

Hello I have the 3000a.
When I plug it in, the lcd displays all characters even in the off position and stays there, no backlight.
reset does work but once it sits unplugged, its back to square 1.
Did anyone ever resolve this problem?

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
YES

The backup battery needs replacing. All those symptoms point to it. Google it, several posts on how to do it, but should not be expensive to have it done.

Different AR3000A circuit board versions, so be aware of that. The battery is soldered in, but BEWARE, the round black plastic enclosure that looks as if it might be the battery is in fact a Buzzer.

If you intend to do it yourself, then I found the easiest way was to cut the present battery terminals, leaving as much of them as possible on the board, the solder the new battery to them. I soldered wires to them, then taped up the new battery to make sure it was insulated.

You can buy replacement batteries with solder tags, but eventually I decided on buying a battery cradle, and using that with two soldered wires. That way I can replace the battery quite quickly if needed.

You have to remove the top cover, just two screws / bolts, but when you prise it off remember the loudspeaker wires are attached to the board via a plug, and it is situated on the part of the case you are removing.

The AR3000A is a great receiver, and still very useful even without Digital modes, which are a pain anyway, lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.