DV1 and DV10 will soon do P-25 Phase 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMac20

Not sure if people are aware of thus, soon both the DV1 and the new DV10 will do P-25 Phase 2

woodpecker

I hope AOR are working on the more serious problems with the DV10 before adding anything.

scanchs

DV1 will "soon" do P-25 Phase 2?

I've had an AR-DV1 for a couple of years now, and AOR has been saying it would "soon" be able to decode P-25 Phase 2 pretty much the whole time I've had it. Apparently, "soon" means something different in Japan than it does here. No offense, but I'll believe it when I see it. :roll:

ScanCHS

c0ne

I've had an AR-DV1 for a couple of years now, and AOR has been saying it would "soon" be able to decode P-25 Phase 2 pretty much the whole time I've had it. Apparently, "soon" means something different in Japan than it does here. No offense, but I'll believe it when I see it. :roll:

ScanCHS

What i have learned from the DV10 is that its better to stick with the brands the offer less but working digital decoding. The also have the live signal to test it on, besides clean lab signals. Or just don't buy the device within 2 years after release. Some brands and AOR especially push their devices with a bit to much bugs to start of.

scanchs

What i have learned from the DV10 is that its better to stick with the brands the offer less but working digital decoding. The also have the live signal to test it on, besides clean lab signals. Or just don't buy the device within 2 years after release. Some brands and AOR especially push their devices with a bit to much bugs to start of.

Please don't read too much into my post. I was merely trying to inform the original poster that his announcement was not new, and that I would be surprised if it happened "soon" or ever.

As for the performance of the AR-DV1, it does an exceptional job of decoding the digital modes it is capable of. Besides, I have enough other receivers that can decode P25 Phase 2 that it isn't a big deal to me that the DV1 can't. So, I'm really glad that I didn't wait 2 years to buy one. The DV1, when combined with marlbrook's excellent computer control program eSPYonARD, make a monitoring combination that's impossible to beat for the price.

ScanCHS

Status
Not open for further replies.