P96 file for Reno-Tahoe Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

califzeph

I just got a Pro 96, and I travel to the Reno-Tahoe Area often. I tried to set up the system on the scanner using Win96, however, I'm not sure what sites and freqs to put in. It seems that you can't put everything into one bank.
How are you locals doing it? Do you have each site in a different bank?
Also, what sites do I need, not wanting to put in the Southern Nevada stuff, just the Reno-Tahoe area? Do I have to put in all of the freqs, since its EDAC?
Does anyone have a p96 file for Reno-Tahoe? I'm interested in Tahoe area PD's, Reno-Sparks PD's, Fire dispatch and NHP for the area.
Thanks!

sigint1

Was: joking
You can load the Washoe County EDACS Reno Metro simulcast in and you should be able to hear most area - for Tahoe you could put in the Crystal Peak site - trouble is for some unknown reason someone at RR merged the Washoe EDACS and the NSRS statewide system in the database - (see the Washoe County EDACS System thread from couple of days ago) you cant even get to the Washoe EDACS system in the database anymore unless you had it on your RR homepage as one of your trunked systems before they merged it - as it stands now if you look at the NSRS page what they are calling the Washoe Metro Simulcast is actually the Washoe County EDACS system Reno Metro Simlucast - it is NOT part of the NSRS system although it does have the ability to interface with with the NSRS it is a seperate stand alone system and is not controled by the state - hopefully we can get the Washoe system restored in the database - I am about to the point to emailing Lindsay about the problem - I thought Nevada had a state database administrator but can't seem to get anyone's attention on this problem. - Due to the way EDACS operates you will have to put each system in a different bank - Joe

Use this link to get to the old Washoe Coundy EDACS page in the database - Ignore the red remark about being depreciated or superceded - it is still very much alive!!!!

http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=TRSDB&sid=1788

Last edited:

califzeph

OK, I have set up my scanner with the sites mentioned in seperate banks... I won't know if it works until my next trip up the hill. Thanks for the input! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.