Verify "Eagle Mountain" NSRS Tower Location?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave_D

Hi all,

Did I find a lat/long boo-boo in the RR DB?

According to the RR DB, the location of NSRS Site 009, "Eagle Mountain" is N39 33 05.7 W119 28 56.6. But this doesn't look right. Eagle Mountain is a good 50 miles away, in Douglas County, and Google Earth reveals no radio towers at its peak.

I'm thinking the actual location of this site is perhaps "Eagle Head," at N39 35 22.7 W119 55 45.7, serving Reno. This location coincides with FCC license data and Google Earth reveals, indeed, a tower on the spot.

Not knowing the N39 33 area very well, I didn't want to submit a correction without some verification.

Dave

TOUGHLIFE

That might be what the NDOT calls Eagle Ridge which I believe is in Storey County and is near Fernley. They call this location 212 and it is supposed to use frequency group 11 which is as follows: 854.9875, 856.7625, 858.7625, 867.3875, 867.8625, and 868.1375 all in LCN. Hope this helps you.

TOUGHLIFE

The frequencies used on many NSRS sites often do not match what is in RR and that is no real surprise. Sometimes a difference is also found in what is showing in the FCC database. In terms of named sites I believe that what I posted in the only site the state has which starts with the name of "Eagle".

nevadaman

Eagle Ridge Site

The data base is incorrect.
Only the first three frequencies are operational at the Eagle Ridge site.
Eagle Ridge is located in Lyon County south east of Silver Springs.
The Eagle Mountain Site is correct and services south Reno.
When I originally submitted the frequencies for NSRS they were all correct and in LCN order and taken from design docs.
The data base was altered by someone who decided to change many locations not knowing what they were doing.
All were varified as operational.
After that I decided not to make any further submissions to the data base since they decided to make changes to varified working sites.

nhp9943

nevadaman said:
The data base is incorrect.
Only the first three frequencies are operational at the Eagle Ridge site.
Eagle Ridge is located in Lyon County south east of Silver Springs.
The Eagle Mountain Site is correct and services south Reno.
When I originally submitted the frequencies for NSRS they were all correct and in LCN order and taken from design docs.
The data base was altered by someone who decided to change many locations not knowing what they were doing.
All were varified as operational.
After that I decided not to make any further submissions to the data base since they decided to make changes to varified working sites.

Wrong! Eagle Ridge is located North West of Silver Springs. North of Hwy 50 and West Of 95A.

Status
Not open for further replies.