Metro Opensky System

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybob123

It been about 8 month since MA/Com won the bid for the new Metro radio system, but I havent heard anything about when they are going start using it. Has it been put together yet ?
Has anyone heard anything???

Billybob

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
I hear that the City requested a time extension of several months, since the development of the system is behind schedule. Apparently, some unforeseen delays have cropped up and they needed more time to address them. The new startup date is in the spring of 2007.

73's

Ron

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
OpenSky, huh? Pennsylvania'a working on probably 10 years now for rolling out their OpenSky system.

Good luck with that.

It works when it's finally deployed (parts of PA state govt. have moved onto the system), but it sure has taken a loooong time to get moving.

TOUGHLIFE

Knowing how slow government often operates in Clark County Nevada I would not expect it to be up and running in the first half of 2007 and perhaps not at all in 2007. It might become a real failure and the current VHF system may be around much longer than most listeners suspect. We can only hope.

billybob123

I hope its around for a long time cuz I think monotoring Metro is more exciting than any law enforcement agency here in Las Vegas. Althoug there has been a few NHP chases that have been exciting .

Billybob

Status
Not open for further replies.