Happy New Year!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybob123

Happy new year to all fellow nevada scanner enthusiasts I hope 07 will bring many happy hours of radio monotoring .

Billybob

yozz25

Happy New Year, Im a newbie to scqanners and a newbie to South Nevada

Bought the pro-528 a month ago, took me a while to get things going.

Loaded most of the LV area police frequencies into a bank. Put on the trunk scan and the conversations just bounce around, alot of good listening. Am I doing the right thing here, not sure if I got the control channel, but the display flits from frequency to frequency and there seems to be some consistancy in the conversations, which are about 3 at a time. Busy place

Jug

TOUGHLIFE

Many new scanner listeners in the greater LV area and even experienced listeners often refer to a local scanner related publication known as the Southern Nevada Radio Scanner Book available from Amateur Electronics Supply in LV or from Radio World in Boulder City, NV. It has many items in there you will not find elsewhere along with radio codes, unit assignments, frequencies, talkgroups for trunked radio systems, and more. I find it very handy to the point where I keep one copy in my vehicle and one at home. You might look into it. It comes out about every seven months. It's far better than the old Police Call book that stopped publishing a numer of years ago. Anyway, welcome to the Nevada Forum.

yozz25

Perhaps one of you folks can help me out.

On the las vegas PD page, there are all of the frequencies, and next to each one is another frequency called "input"

Does someone know what this input is

thank
jug

TOUGHLIFE

"Input Frequency"

This is the frequency the mobiles and handheld radios transmit on and these transmissions are then re-broadcast by a repeater which normally permits a listener to hear both sides of the conversation. The repeater usually puts out more power than does a mobile unit radio and often is found on a mountaintop, tall building, or tall radio tower.
Hope this answers your question.

yozz25

Yes it does answer my question, as I have many questions, but will learn as time goes by.

You have a lot of good frequencies here, especially the police ones, I heard some pretty hairy stuff.

I come from New York City and was astonished at the amount of frequencies they have, I guess it would take about 10 scanners just to follow everything there, if that is all possible.

Vegas is enough for me, but I guess I'll load a few in if I ever go back home to visit.

thanks loads
jug

Status
Not open for further replies.