Washoe County Radio sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

code3cowboy

I found this somewhere online, thought it may be useful.

washoe_sites.jpg

e63

Super Map!!! It would be great of if someone could find andor post additional maps with addition radio sites. Thanks

e63

This map if expanded would help greatly understand location of transmitter sites for Nevada Shared Radio System and assit in programing purposes when traveling across the state. Thanks for the little bit we now have.

SCPD

QRT
This would seem like the place to ask this question. The northern border of Washoe County is the state line with Oregon. What does the county do for communication up in the "panhandle" area near Vya (sp?)? I had just a bit of time to spare when traveling near Cedarville some years back and knew of a BLM repeater on 49'er Mountain. I could see the site while I was driving and know of no other electronic site on the east side of the Warner Mountains capable of covering that area. I don't believe it is licensed for 800 MHz use and wonder what the S.O. does when they have to make runs up that way. I last checked the licenses up that way about a year ago so I suppose that situation could have changed. I believe that the old 155.520 was licensed there and a VHF road maintenance frequency as well.

By the way, I really like that part of Nevada and California and want to return with my off highway vehicle sometime. The remoteness is particularly intriguing to me. I know it is the area where the young couple became stranded and miraculously survived back in the early 80's.

Many of the maps of Washoe County I see leave off this area. I would suppose the nearest deputies would be in Gerlach and it is quite a drive from there up to Vya.

Last edited:

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
Is this map showing the sites for the Washoe County EDACS?

Status
Not open for further replies.