Trunking systems down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yozz25

This morning I went to the DMV and was told the puter systems up in Carson City are down affecting the whole state.

When I went to activate my newly programmed scanner in trunking mode for the LV area, it did not find an id upon it's search and no groups popped up.

Could this be the result of a puter glich in a statewide system?

jug

VEGASBUFF

hrmm, something strange is going on, my scanner has been completely quiet all day, not one peep, i see a possible fire in a building now, and im not hearing anything, the only thing from CCFD that seems to be working is CCFD Roll Call and CCFD Rural, and thats because there conventional, anybody that can give us a little insight on whats going would be great.

Thanks
Joseph Bowman

yozz25

got home an hour ago, back up and running and listening to all the fun, probably was the puter system.

jug

scruffy

No connection

Luckily the NSRS and SNACC systems have absolutely nothing to do with the DoIT computer network that services the DMV. Most of the system operations are done on standalone networks that do not interface to the outside world.

TOUGHLIFE

DOIT=Dept. of Information Technology
They also use the NSRS for some interesting radio traffic. Some of their talkgroup IDs' are as follows: 05-041 Statewide; 05-042 Las Vegas Office; 05-043 Carson City Office; 05-044 Elko Office

Status
Not open for further replies.