Does anybody in So. NV monitor 153.995

Status
Not open for further replies.

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
Does anybody monitor the 153.995 Southern Nevada Mutual Aid VHF frequency? Is there a lot of traffic on the channel? Who uses is regularly?

Thanks.

JJHA

Premium Subscriber
Usage is Rare

I have had a dedicated radio for this freq on my desk for 6 months and have heard three tests and no other traffic. In theory, every fire, police, EMS, EMA, etc. in the valley has at least one of these radios in dispatch. There is only one gaming company that I know of that also has taken advantage of this backup communication. There used to be a weekly test, but since they have moved to this next generation M/A, they have abandoned this test. Basically, this system is used for the most extreme "oh heck" moments, for which we have yet to see to mobilize this backup (as far as I've noted). As always, it never hurts to have it scanning along all of those other never-heard freqs.

TOUGHLIFE

Years ago, especially in the 80s' and 90s' Clark County Emergency Management had a weekly radio check on the 158.940 repeater for its civil defense net. Most local law enforcement, fire service, EMS providers, and others were on the roster. It was an easy way for one agency to talk with another when needed. This too has gone the wayside.

Status
Not open for further replies.