Recording of a drug sting operation I captured tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryangassxx

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
This is a recording I captured tonight on a Chicago PD special tactical unit trunked system, while they were conducting a drug sting. It's a 13 minute long recording but you can hear the whole setup from the "narc" informant relaying info to the units, to the staging of the operation, to the finish that ended in a pursuit..

This kind of this is pretty typical on any given day on the CPD trunked system.. It's the main thing I listen to..

Enjoy,..

Link removed for the greater good of the radio hobby and mankind in general

Last edited:

Ch1ronTL34

Neat recording! I go to school at Loyola University but I mainly listen to conventional CPD frequencies...I might have to load up the trunking system. Is it very active?

ryangassxx

Banned
Ch1ronTL34 said:
Neat recording! I go to school at Loyola University but I mainly listen to conventional CPD frequencies...I might have to load up the trunking system. Is it very active?

Oh absolutely.. If you're in Chicago and you're NOT listening to this system, you're missing out on the most interesting scanning in Chicago.. The conventional stuff is alright, but it's not real exciting. You hear a dispacher, "blah blah, guy with a gun, blah blah". But the trunked system is like in the field, play by play in the action.. You can actually follow along with the progress of what they are doing. Plus these guys are no joke. They are plain clothes hardcore cops. Makes the guys in uniforms and squad cars look like a bunch of Sallys...

Last edited:

dustin486

yeah.... probably not the best idea to post this recording. It's one thing for general dispatch, but stuff like this is meant for your ears only.

ryangassxx

Banned
dustin486 said:
yeah.... probably not the best idea to post this recording. It's one thing for general dispatch, but stuff like this is meant for your ears only.

Yeah I agree.. Didn't really think about it before posting.. I'm going to take the link down..

I'd hate for the CPD to encrypt their system..

Status
Not open for further replies.