Any way to search other parts of FCC database?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seligman

Are there alternate ways to search FCC records, other than the ways provided by this website and the FCC's "Advanced Search"?

There is often times meaningful information in the "Eligibility" field or even the location description.

Sometimes there are informative attachments (pdf format) filed with the FCC applications. I'd like to be able to search these too.

SkipSanders

Silent Key
And if the offered choices don't cover something, all you can do it very, very politely suggest a new search method be added by the FCC. About the only one I've ever really wanted that isn't available already (if you use the geosearch function), is a search on channels authorised to use pagers.

seligman

godskidz said:
Go their home page.
Alot of choices.

Once again, did you even read my post?

The FCC doesn't provide a way to search the Eligibility field. I was asking if there was another way to search that made this possible.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
seligman said:
Once again, did you even read my post?

The FCC doesn't provide a way to search the Eligibility field. I was asking if there was another way to search that made this possible.
I read your post and your answer was in your original question. The FCC provides searches, if the one you want isn't there, the only thing you can do is download the FCC database (there are instructions for that also on the FCC site) and then build your own database and search it; however, this is not a task for the fainthearted or the storage challenged.

N

N_Jay

The purpose of the ULS system to to assist in licensing activities.
If you can show how that search would help, they might even add it.

My guess is it is of no use to those for whom the database was provided.

Status
Not open for further replies.