Bluetooth earphone suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

trooperdude

Database Admin
I'm looking for recommendations on a bluetooth earphone to use with a
hand-held scanner.

I know they make them for cellular that have a transmitter that plugs into the mini jack on phones not equipped with bluetooth, but I'm looking for an earphone-only model, without
the microphone.

Any suggestions.

Google search hasn't been real helpful in my quest.

I'd like to be able to leave the scanner on in my pack at various venues, and just have
the earphone/headset in one ear like it's a normal cellphone.

AndersonMBK

You could try using one of those bluetooth transmitters. Of course you would have to use an adapter for the correct plug/jack size. You may even have to use a stero to mono adapter? Those transmitters can be found cheap. A small bluetooth earpiece like a Motorola h9 may work best. Let us know if you come up with something, that would be nice.

ecbooe

Jabra a210

I am usining a Jabra A210 Bluetooth transmitter with a 3.5 to 2.5 adapter. I use a plantronics ear piece that works great. You can find the transmitter on e-bay for around $18.00 including shipping.

trooperdude

Database Admin
Thanks.

I was aware of those transmitters, but was looking for an RX-only earpiece/transmitter combo.

But if such a beast doesn't exist, I can buy the transmitter and adapter for my current headset.

Such a shame that you can get bluetooth on a $100 cellphone, but not on a $550 scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.