Problem Programming 800mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingray1492

Recently, my county has switched over to a 800mhz Motorola system. I am currently running a Uniden BC246T. After trying several things and programming several different times, I still cant pick up the new channels. Here is the link to my system...

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=4563

I live in Walker County so I only programmed in the frequencies listed as "West and East Walker County". With all of those in, I turned off Control CH Only and put in the TGID's which I believe are listed as "DEC" on the site. After doing all this, I still cant get the channels. Am I doing something wrong or leaving out a step? If someone could take a look at the link above and tell me what to do I would really appreciate it!!!!! I'm at my wits end!!!

Thanks!!!!!

KE5BCP

Analog Man
stingray1492 said:
Recently, my county has switched over to a 800mhz Motorola system. I am currently running a Uniden BC246T. After trying several things and programming several different times, I still cant pick up the new channels. Here is the link to my system...

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=4563

I live in Walker County so I only programmed in the frequencies listed as "West and East Walker County". With all of those in, I turned off Control CH Only and put in the TGID's which I believe are listed as "DEC" on the site. After doing all this, I still cant get the channels. Am I doing something wrong or leaving out a step? If someone could take a look at the link above and tell me what to do I would really appreciate it!!!!! I'm at my wits end!!!

Thanks!!!!!
That is a P25 system and the BC246T is an analog only scanner.

n2mdk

I'm not sure if you programmed it wrong or not doesn't really matter the system is listed as APCO-25 which the scanner can't receive. You will need a digital capable scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.