What Is This?!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryangassxx

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I'm listening to something very weird right now... It's some guy who's just reading off these different "things".. I can't really explain it..

I was hoping that someone in the Chicago area could punch in 152.4200 Mhz and see if you can hear it..

bezking

Sounds interesting, but I'm a few hundred miles away. Do you have the means to record it?

PS The mods are gonna have a field day over your sig haha

bownasterm

It sounds like something similar to railroad eot and mile post detectors....like its just reading off the status of some computers or something.... <shrugs>

n2mdk

I have to admit that is weird some sounds like an actual human voice with the responses automated. Maybe someone in the Regional Forum can help. If you find out please post it, I'd like to know what it is. They do sound like they could be cab locations like O'Hare is mentioned, pickup is used etc.

N9JIG

Sheriff
It is an automated voice taxi dispatch system, commonly used by several cab companies in the Chicago area and elsewhere. As I understand it there is a regional dispatch center and the commands are entered into a computer and transmitted on the appropriate channel.

hman710 said:
Your're right, it was 162.425, but I swear it was showing 152.425 unless I have a gremlin in my scanner. lol

Maybe you should put some water on your scanner... maybe your scanner would mutiply and you could sell them off!!!

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
bezking said:
PS The mods are gonna have a field day over your sig haha
Not really, fixed already.

Ryan, please don't do this again:
ryangassxx said:
Affordable complete custom websites $100. Anything you need!
Domain and hosting for 1 year included.

Contact me for details

Astro25

Oof... $100 is kinda high for 1 yr.... :lol:

Anyways, the Transmitter for a couple of those is at the Lake Zurich tower site. You'll find them scattered across the lower VHF band; 151-153.

ryangassxx

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Astro25 said:
Oof... $100 is kinda high for 1 yr.... :lol:

I'm selling a custom website, not a year of hosting for $100.... Add on the hosting and domain, that's a good deal,... Try to find a better one..

And I'm just a LITTLE bit pissed that my sig was changed by the mods... It contained no links to my site or anything...

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
ryangassxx said:
I'm selling a custom website, not a year of hosting for $100.... Add on the hosting and domain, that's a good deal,... Try to find a better one..

And I'm just a LITTLE bit pissed that my sig was changed by the mods... It contained no links to my site or anything...

It's a commercial offering, by you, to sell a product and make money. It's not a scanner or scanner related and there is probably policy that prohibits such exhibitions. Get over it.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
ryangassxx said:

It was advertising all the same; and if you have been here long enough to know it is not allowed without prior permission; links are not a factor. If you want to commercial advertise on this site, contact Lindsay and pay to do so. You can also clean up your language and stow the attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.