Phoenix PD Helicopters - Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "firebirds" used to always talk on 123.45 and 123.5, but now when they say "go to company" I am not finding their conversations. I suspect they have their own digital TG's and go there, but was wondering if anyone has heard them talk on the airband frequencies lately.

123.025 which is used by all the valley helicopters is still active, and a good place to get some good "dirt" on an incident. The firebird pilots often share incident info with the news helicopter pilots, and I know they hang out together at DV Airport and have drinks and meals and whatnot, so they are pretty tight. You can somtimes pickup info that the PD is being tight-lipped about on the Simulcast A TG's.

I just miss all the activity on the .45 and .5 and was wondering if anyone else has heard much there.

ctrl

You are missing an extra 5.

123.5500, active as usual.

When its 'really' sensitive they'll switch to A-12..

ctrl:

Thanks much, I guess I made a typo somewhere along the way programming these scanners. Much appreciated.

As far as how to program them, for Uniden I create a system / group for local news / PS aircraft, and enable that quick key all the time, I love the stuff you hear there.

For PSR / 106 / 197 you merely create the objects, then assign them to whatever scanlist you want, I attach mine to my PPD scanlist.

I am always willing to share my files and they have already been corrected.

I can send a file that will work for the following scanners:

PSR-500,600; PRO-106,197; BCT15

Just private message me with your email and I will send it over.

That goes for anyone in the valley who would benefit. These files have been pretty well debugged and are pretty solid, and quite comprehensive, including everything from the mandatory to the obscure. You may well find some new things you haven't seen before.

Well, I was just about to post that it appears these boy don't use these PD helicopter frequencies anymore, when a few hours ago, for the first time in days of monitoring, they had a nice long conversation about how boring it is tonight, and that the junior guy should just pack it in and park the bird for night, and that two units weren't needed (all of this on 123.55).

It was a slow night, with only one or two homicides, a few foot pursuits, and only one barricade situation involving snipers and SAU, so maybe he was right, lol. But in Phoenix that is a pretty normal night lately it seems. Every single night for the last several days I have been listening to cool barricade incidents, and they don't seem to be as eager to go to encrypted TG's as they used to. They tend to just leave things like this on CDec mostly nowadays it seems. Of course the close-in SAU stuff is all encrypted simplex, so we won't be hearing their detailed movement, but the main incident traffic is all clear, and fun to listen to of course, with the negotiator being the middle-man or hub in the whole ordeal, going between SAU, radio, the Lt., and all the patrol units on the perimeter.

The helicopter frequencies are real gems because the guys talk so openly on them. I was wondering why they were no longer in use (turns out they were still of course), because talking on that crappy digital system over long distances while flying over a half dozen simlucast towers must be a lot more irritating that just using the good old air band the pilots use all day for atc anyway.

SOO happy to hear it active again, and thanks for the correction on the frequency.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.