La Paz County Sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon

Database Admin
Are they still on VHF or have they moved to 800 MHz? Read on another forum they might be on the WARICS and encrypted, but I scanned 800 MHz when passing through and did not find any P25 data channels.

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
Are they still on VHF or have they moved to 800 MHz? Read on another forum they might be on the WARICS and encrypted, but I scanned 800 MHz when passing through and did not find any P25 data channels.

I did a quick run through the FCC database. The VHF frequency is still active in the FCC database.

The only other 800mhz system, not assigned to Nextel, Fisher, Arizona Public Service company, besides the one site on the WARICS system in Quartzsite, are some smaller entities.

They should be on VHF or possibly on WARICS.

brandon

Database Admin
I plugged in the WARICS freqs from the database but didn't hear a thing in Quartzite or anywhere on I-10.
Looking at my notes I logged some hits on 155.700 173.8 coming down the hill into Ehrenberg, but don't remember what it was. Unfortunately I didn't spend much time on VHF so it remains a possibility.

radioprescott

Premium Subscriber
La Paz and Mohave counties are still VHF (except Lake Havasu City - Mot2 800).

Looks like a slow move for the Yuma Regional Communication System (YCRS) northward. The Q site probably wouldn't cover Parker and the strip area - I think its mainly for YCRS North Yuma County coverage. They did have a site on Oatman Mtn that was patched to the White Tanks 700 system during an interops test between RWC and YRCS. I'll have to find the link to the story. I think at this point that WARICS is a bit of a misnomer - its YCRS in the correspondence I've seen.

(edit) Its also supposed to link to RCS Imperial County from Telegraph Pass.

John

Last edited:

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
Last edited:

scalradio

Well I have all the time in the world today so i will plug in the freqs i found and listen all day and report back on what i found. I am right outside of az on i 10.

radioprescott

Premium Subscriber

2wayfreq

BTW,
Riverside County is building an all digital Motorola 700 MHZ P25 system (Completion around 2012) that is supposed to eventually link up with surrounding Counties such as OC,San Bernardino,San Diego,Imperial plus La Paz and Yuma.

K7TKR

Premium Subscriber
Oh really. Where's the information on this? I've been spending a lot of time in Southern California and Riverside is one system that is always included since the county covers all of I10 from east of Yuccapia to the line. I'd be very interested to see how they hook up with San Bernadino whose system is an analog one and probably won't be compatable with a 700MHz P25 system.

Last edited:

KB7MIB

They are most likely encrypted on the 700/800 MHz YRCS (Yuma Regional Communications System) trunked system.
Since they're encrypted, unless someone with LPCSO or another agency in the know comments, scanner listeners can't confirm any information as to TG's, etc.

John
Peoria

scottyhetzel

They are most likely encrypted on the 700/800 MHz YRCS (Yuma Regional Communications System) trunked system.
Since they're encrypted, unless someone with LPCSO or another agency in the know comments, scanner listeners can't confirm any information as to TG's, etc.

John
Peoria

Can't confirm because they are too far away to monitor?

KB7MIB

Can't confirm because they're encrypted. If we can't understand what's being said due to the encryption, we can't confirm what TG's belong to them, or which TG is channel 1, which is channel 2, etc.

I've driven out to Quartzite and done some monitoring. The encrypted TG's I found were:

But who do they belong to? La Paz County Sheriff? Quartzite Police? Another agency? I don't know, because they're encrypted. We would need someone, a deputy, an officer, or a radio tech in the know, to submit the info. Not that it would really do us any good, since they are encrypted.

John
Peoria

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.