Queen Creek??

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOUTHBAYSCANNER

Welcome to SouthBayScanner.com
Feed Provider
Anyone know the Control Frequencies/Talkgroup ID's to monitor Queen Creek on the MCSO side of the County? I can't figure out if MCSO is on Simulcast D (TOPAZ) or not cos it looks like they are on their own SmartZone system.

SOUTHBAYSCANNER

Feed Provider
I also monitor from Q.C., so the White tanks tower is definitely too far away to receive a signal and Downtown is pretty digital from this far out...I will give Thompson Pk a try. Also, do you know the talkgroup ID's for QC MCSO? 43248 and 43344 look like the ones, but I'm not sure, they are both pretty quiet.

Astrak

43248 MCSO - EAST MCSO East Dispatch
43280 MCSO - E C2C MCSO East Car to Car
43312 MCSO E EMER MCSO East Emergency
43344 MCSO E TAC MCSO East Tac

Queen Creek units will ID with a callsign of 651-655.

SOUTHBAYSCANNER

Feed Provider
Any suggestions for another primary control channel (besides Thompson Pk) for folks down in QC? I can barely get on 521C (860.25250) anywhere between 0-20%...not enough to decode anything or get pure digital at best. Is there a system ID 521C repeater closer to QC?

Astrak

Any suggestions for another primary control channel (besides Thompson Pk) for folks down in QC? I can barely get on 521C (860.25250) anywhere between 0-20%...not enough to decode anything or get pure digital at best. Is there a system ID 521C repeater closer to QC?

Try the other frequencies listed, just know that they aren't going to be full simulcasts of MCSO. Some of them may only carry certain talkgroups. The one's that are closer to your area will carry MCSO East traffic more than likely so try one of those.

SOUTHBAYSCANNER

Feed Provider
I know the Bronco/AJ tower range is the closest, but only has a range of appx 15 miles. I'll give it a try and see if that helps (even though the tower is technically out of range from where I'm at). I wonder what would happen if I programmed all the primary control channels (for all 15 Maricopa County simulcasts) and closed the bank (so the scanner doesnt receive unprogrammed talkgroups). Since it's APCO25, the control frquencies dont need to be pogrammed in a certain order....Hmmmm. I'm sure at least one of the primary control channels for all those simulcasts are bound to decode 43248, 43280, 43312, 43344. :)

Astrak

Depends on what type of scanner you're using, if it's an older one, say PRO96 or a Uniden if you put in all the CC's the radio will stop on the first one it receives and not move on to other one's. If you have a GRE PSR500/600 or RS clone then you can set the system to roam or static and it will check the other CC's in static mode.

SOUTHBAYSCANNER

Feed Provider
Hmmmm?

Two parts on this one:

1. I keep seeing Queen Creek as being associated with the TOPAZ system. Is this correct? I ask as Q.C. is part of MCSO and falls under the Maricopa County trunking system.

2. Does anyone know the frequencies for the Q.C. Fire Dept. as they have their own trucks now and is not part of Rural Metro (at least on the Maricopa County side)?

ICP963

Feed Provider
Two parts on this one:

1. I keep seeing Queen Creek as being associated with the TOPAZ system. Is this correct? I ask as Q.C. is part of MCSO and falls under the Maricopa County trunking system.

2. Does anyone know the frequencies for the Q.C. Fire Dept. as they have their own trucks now and is not part of Rural Metro (at least on the Maricopa County side)?

Law Enforcement for the part of Queen Crrek in Maricopa County is in fact MCSO and is on the MCSO system. Traffic is usually on East.

Fire response in Queen Creek is now the Queen Creek FD running on the Mesa TOPAZ system and simulcast on the old legacy VHF Mesa FD Channels.

KOK5CY

Let me chime in on this ...if you'r using the stock factory ant that came with you'r scanner it's not going to hear much from QC . I'd suggest getting an outdoor ant because most of the MCSO tower's push 100 watt's and mobiles are about 15 max . Back a few month's ago i decided to erect a Larsen NMO150 on a 20ft pipe and i could pick up NOAA out of flag and southern cali and amoung other dept's i could pull in . So i'd try an outdoor set up and you might be surprised at how much you can hear .

Status
Not open for further replies.