Phoenix Police feed down

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannysalerno

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum as I am new here but I noticed that the Phoenix Police feed has been down for quite some time. Anyone know why?

desert-cheetah

Premium Subscriber
I don't know if it's related, but there was a guy who ran a Phoenix PD feed through Facebook. He's moving to Kansas and had to take the feed down from FB. He sold his scanner and computer and is hoping the new owner will put up the feed again. Anyway, I don't know if the same person did both feeds but if it is, that's why the RR feed is down.

Astrak

I don't know if it's related, but there was a guy who ran a Phoenix PD feed through Facebook. He's moving to Kansas and had to take the feed down from FB. He sold his scanner and computer and is hoping the new owner will put up the feed again. Anyway, I don't know if the same person did both feeds but if it is, that's why the RR feed is down.

Well it's Nebraska, but yeah close enough :). I don't know what's up with the guy who bought the scanner, but he said he would put it up again sometime in the future. He may have just been busy and not had a chance. Last email I had from him was on 8/17, he said he had been busy but would get the feed up as soon as possible.

desert-cheetah

Premium Subscriber
Well it's Nebraska, but yeah close enough :). I don't know what's up with the guy who bought the scanner, but he said he would put it up again sometime in the future. He may have just been busy and not had a chance. Last email I had from him was on 8/17, he said he had been busy but would get the feed up as soon as possible.

OOps. Sorry. Is that you who is moving to Nebraska? That'd be a bummer because I enjoy your insights on this forum. Hopefully you'll still monitor in Nebraska :)

dannysalerno

Looks like the Phoenix PD scanner feed is down again. To be honest it's actually had a great track record since the change in ownership about a year ago.

AZ165

Premium Subscriber
If you read the status message on the Phoenix Feed it says the provider has moved to a new location and is still working on reception issues.

Tmriedel

Premium Subscriber
Phoenix Feed been down for a couple weeks!
Anyone know whats going on ? or better yet when it might be back up? I miss it!
Thanks a ton!

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Alright, gang, looks like the feed is down for good... since no one else wants to step up, I will go ahead and put my scanner online. I'll put in the app today to get the feed going.

While I'm at it, shall I put up anything else besides PPD talkgroups? I can also provide the PFD K-decks on the feed as well if anyone is interested, or anything else on Simulcast A and B that folks would like added. Let me know.

I'll put in the app for the feed in the meanwhile.

Edited to add: Feed's approved. I've currently got PFD K decks and PPD A B and C decks in the scanner, so that will be going up as soon as I get the scanner connected to the computer. Look for it in the next hour or two.

-AZ

Last edited:

Mom25

Phx Police Scanner

Thank You AZScanner for putting the feed back online! I ran it for the past year and just moved to TX. I tried to have a friend run it but they could never get the signal clear enough! I still love to listen to it even though I'm not there! Thanks again!

AZScanner

Hi Mom25, no problem. I just replied to your PM by the way.

How about it folks, do you want more stuff on the feed? Or less stuff, perhaps? It's kind of hard to follow the "good stuff" on the chase channels with all the other dispatch channels chiming in. Let me know. I'm thinking of locking PPD down to the chase channels only to make it easier to follow hot calls, so unless I hear objections I'll be doing that this evening.

-AZ

JonnyB79

AZ Scanner

Thanks for putting the Phoenix PD feed back online. My opinion would be to have only the PPD feed online (A,B,C - Decks) and leave the Fire Department off. Like you said, it becomes a bit hard to follow when the FD chimes in during a PPD C-Deck call. Anyhow, thanks again for putting your feed online.

kfranklin

Premium Subscriber
I would also say keep it just PD there is Feed that has the PFD K deck channels already in there

AZScanner

Hi gang, I don't know why but the feed keeps dropping. Might be my computer, might be my internet connection (I get it free from the office out front of the complex), might be sunspots for all I know. Bear with me folks, I'll try to get it more stable.

@kfranklin which feed has the K decks on it? I'd be interested in listening to it. I didn't know someone was already doing that.

-AZ

Tmriedel

Premium Subscriber
Thanks az scanner

Yes THANK YOU!

Thanks for putting the Phoenix PD feed back online. My opinion would be to have only the PPD feed online (A,B,C - Decks) and leave the Fire Department off. Like you said, it becomes a bit hard to follow when the FD chimes in during a PPD C-Deck call. Anyhow, thanks again for putting your feed online.

Status
Not open for further replies.